Show Us Your Carbon!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

young Ed

Veteran
It was £400 back in august :thumbsup:
Then went back up to £800, then down to £736 or something then down to £600 as you say! Strange pricing structure, it's like they can't make up their mind:crazy:
how much does she weigh? is she much good?
after christmas hopefully i will be in the market for a road bike and i was heart set on giant defy 5-3 but if i can get carbon at a similar price i might consider
Cheers Ed

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
how much does she weigh? is she much good?
after christmas hopefully i will be in the market for a road bike and i was heart set on giant defy 5-3 but if i can get carbon at a similar price i might consider
Cheers Ed
On the box it states 9.7kg net weight but that includes packaging, manuals, tools etc, the Argos blurb states 8.8kg. Mine weighs 10.4 kg with wedge pack, pump, 2 bottle cages (empty bottles) spare tube, multitool, phone holder and hr watch thingy.
So it's not super light but not bad for the money.
It's a great bike, lovely finish and paint, good components - Sora (but ICE chain set) which works lovely, r501 wheelset, Ritchie finishing kit, I've not heard of any real complaints from any owners. Did a 100 mile sportive last week, bike was faultless, I guess you need to try and view one and make your own mind up
For me being a newbie and on a budget, it's fine, I've no complaints!

ianwoodi

Cervelo-S3-Full-Bike.jpg
best bike i ever had hit loads of kom on this baby

young Ed

Veteran
View attachment 58805 best bike i ever had hit loads of kom on this baby
that IS a lovely bike, i admit!
IMO the bar tape would look nicer if it was a slightly smoother type, although what is on there currently may increase grip with sweaty hands
as already stated that's just my opinion and the bike still looks great with current bar tape :biggrin:
Cheers Ed

jiberjaber

Veteran
My bike finally arrived from Rose yesterday, Xeon Team CGF Di2. A wet backside test ride last night and a longer setting up test ride this morning with race blades fitted, 2mph improvement in my average speed and closer to comfortable riding position.... probably needs another ride to fettle with settings a little bit more... quite happy :smile:

standalone

standalone

standalone

jiberjaber

Veteran
Yes, well spotted, temporary lapse in concentration that, never noticed how much the RD was pulled until you mentioned it, I think I was more concentrating on unclipping than the gears, so only realised I was in that combination when I set off... totally forgot about it until you pointed it out! :eek:

jack smith

Veteran
Yes, well spotted, temporary lapse in concentration that, never noticed how much the RD was pulled until you mentioned it, I think I was more concentrating on unclipping than the gears, so only realised I was in that combination when I set off... totally forgot about it until you pointed it out! :eek:
Lovley bike mind you! Do you plan on upgrading the wheels at all? Might want to check if the chain is the correct length too just incase its a tad short :smile:

jiberjaber

Veteran
Yes at some point I'll do that, these aren't the standard wheels but some Mavic CPX rims which I was recommended by the chap at Rose (my weight is coming down so perhaps a future reward). The bike has already added 2mph to my average speed without much additional effort :smile:

Not sure what the recommended chain length should be?

Its got the longer RD on it as I opted for a 32t rear cassette thinking it would be easier to swap the cassette out at a later date should 32t prove too low... After coming back to cycling (with the exception of some commuting) after a 20 year break, I remembered how it would feel like there was no where to go when you ran out of gears on the back on a road bike, so didn't want to put myself off taking it out due to something simple like that...

Top Bottom