Show us your Commuting Bike !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chris-H

Über Member
http://www.cyclechat.net/threads/show-us-your-carbon.47549/post-2751420

My pride and joy! :smile:

Choose the day and I will arrange a nice Beds/Herts one! (Not the last Sunday of Nov as I think Jay's having his then)
Wow very nice !! we are available pretty much most sundays for a ride so whenever suits everyone else.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
this is my current commuter

pollard.JPG

This is my main commuter the frame is a bit large for me but very comfortable to ride any way

10778742816_08b888e7d3_c.jpg

this is my backup one good old steal marin
10778686495_ee41b65180_c.jpg

and this is my daughters that they never use so I plan to use it because it is so comfortable. I don't care about it being a ladies frame and it has some good tires for the icy weather

10778699456_2acc86ec5b_c.jpg

rbreid

Old git on old bikes
[QUOTE 2775787, member: 259"]Have you got your light battery in that bottle?[/quote]
No thats an Airzound Horn bottle
DSCF0489 (450x338).jpg

Lights are internal battery led lights. Front
DSCF0490 (450x338).jpg

Rear, Home adapted vitage dynamo light with battery power led fitted(disc batteries as that's all that would fit)
DSCF0491 (450x338).jpg

rbreid

Old git on old bikes
[QUOTE 2775828, member: 259"]Sorry, I should have known. :rolleyes:

Lovely![/quote]
The AXA version of that front lamp is far better than that ,no name, one. the AXA is available in a black finnish which looks much better than the chromed plastic. Also the AXA has a simple ON or OFF no useless silly flashing modes. I know some like them...but....on the front?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
How can you ruin a Mercian with an airzound. Get rid immediately. The bike deserves it. Lovely.

rbreid

Old git on old bikes
PS its a bit nice for commuting on.
Well there is a whole other subject. I have currently 6 bikes on the road and a number in various stages of rehabilitation:blush:. On the road...1954 Hill Special ( Billy Hill prototype one of only four made) 1960 Jensen, 1961 Flying Scot, 1951 Hercules Kestrel, 1960s Holdsworth Hurricane and the Mercian year 2000. I have the build spec for the Mercian, 50mm rake, 165 cranks, clearance for 25mm tyres and m'gaurds and yet it is the only one of my bikes with the unforgiveable sin on a tourer of toe clip overlap and twitchy steering. When I approached Mercian to order new front forks with 57.5mm rake the chap on the phone said but that will make it twitchy in the steering!!!!!
Oh please:blush:. needless to say I hung up. Whilst it may be the second from highest in £ value of the bikes I have I'm afraid it is the lowest in pleasure value ergo it is the winter bike. The humble Holdsworth was meant to fulfil that role but is a much more pleasurable ride than the Mercian.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
IMAG0006_1_1.jpg
The new commuter - jamis dakota 29er - replaced the felt qx65

Heavy suspension forks replaced with carbon fibre, heavy tyres replaced with sammy slicks, wheels replaced. bike is now a few 100gramms below 10kg compared to its original weight of 12.6kg. Its a very nice bike to ride and the carbon seats stays do make a difference to the rear end comfort.

Lights are moon 300 and izico which both together throw out around 900lumens, great for the cycle track commute of 30mile round trip.

I have kept the original wheels and shod them with mountain king II for off road fun, but thats mainly the rural canal ( some of our canal has been left original with no tarmac or gravel)

Last edited:

Tommy2

Über Member
I put an aldi rack on mine and didn't realise how heavy it made it until I recently took it off to do a club ride, make so much difference, felt like a totally different bike.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 75
Top Bottom