Show us your Commuting Bike !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bodhbh

Guru
[QUOTE 2594411, member: 1314"]The Stage Door Pub behind the Old Vic. I’ve taken my bike in on a very busy Friday night as well. There’s space under the window shelves in the narrow part of the pub where it doesn’t get in the punters’ way.

http://thestagedoor.co.uk/[/quote]

Perfect, cheers! I'll give it a go next time I'm passing thru. I tend to have a fair bit of luggage and not always have a decent lock, so like to have LoS as a minimum. Anyhow, should really make a seperate thread on 'bike friendly pubs' so enough derail !

Bodhbh

Guru
With no muguards/rack, I'd call it more 'the bike I commute on' rather than a commuting bike. However, I see I'm in good company on that one ;) I'll do doubt be on something more practical come autumn.

Wiltshire-20130725-00421_zps601a2d18.jpg

Wiltshire-20130605-00219_zpsf79dbfe6.jpg

Last edited:

Dibs

Veteran
This is my current commuter.

I'm looking to upgrade to a proper hybrid next year and stick the MTB tyres back on for some off-road adventure - if my fitness allows...

:-)
amujanyg.jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 27383 View attachment 27384
Here's mine,
I built it up last week, using some old and new parts, .

A joy to ride,
11.6 kg without the bag.
A nice semi-traditional look.

I just bought one of the aluminium Ribble 'winter' bikes in June through our 'C2W' scheme.
Sorry no pics, as I'm on iPad, it's got Tiagra groupset though.
Only alteration to stock is a Selle-Italia 'Flite' saddle (original shape)

Edit @ 09:15
Just backtracked & found this pic. Different saddle though in this pic, & it now has the long SKS mud-flaps front & rear.

[URL="http://www.cyclechat.net/threads/show-us-your-aluminium.69190/post-2525931"]show us your aluminium[/URL]

Last edited:

Buzzinonbikes

My Dolan Preffisio I built up myself. Pretty much the same as the one you can buy except with some sturdier wheels. Chuffed with it :smile:
7e5y7y4y.jpg
3agebepu.jpg

Rustybucket

Veteran
My Boardman Hybrid Comp. I only commute 1.5 miles each way to work, so have dual purpose Shimano pedals, and fitted the Ergon GP5 grips earlier this week. Took my SKS chronoplastic mudguards off though for the summer (not like we have a summer these days though)

2mg2ss0.jpg

What do you think of the grips? Im thinking of getting some for my boardman?

Top Bottom