Show us your... dog

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Doyleyburger

Veteran
This is Frank my boxer of 8 years. Hates it when I go on a night shift
2014-01-03 10.45.33.jpg

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
Some more of Rosie

My son & Rosie using each other as pillows

image.jpg

She does love a sleep

image.jpg

A rare occasion when she's awake

image.jpg

Not ours, but the dog we dog sit for. A totally daft, but completely obedient male Irish Wolf Hound called Dusty. also a rescue dog.
We have just had him for 2 weeks and he has now gone back to his owner (our neighbour and landlady and thankfully the owner of the sofa as well!)

DSC_0040.jpg

(his blanket was accidentally put on the sofa so he assumed he could sleep on the sofa!)
563939_427121314010704_1654085008_n.jpg

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
My Weim used to get really cold in winter - how did Arnie cope with a snowy mountain?

Well you obviously know what Weim's are all about! In truth as long as he was active and had things to interest him he was oblivious to cold and rain etc. However, once playtime stopped he was a wimp. Many a time he'd come in off our local Fells soaked and acting pathetic - my wife used to towel him down and dry him with a hairdryer and he absolutely loved it.

I used to carry a fleece lined Gore-tex coat for him when we were doing long days in the mountains (we did well over 200 together) and he used to hate wearing it so it was always used as a last resort.

The photo there was Feb' 2004 when he was 5 years old. Snow was quite light for the month tbh and we'd come up via the Carn Mor Dearg Arete which was interesting for him in the conditions! He coped well. He was a powerful climber and though he could not climb vertical rock faces he clambered up some serious rock terrain in his time - he had that little lightweight harness he is (loosely) wearing there for easy terrain and a big Ruffwear harness for when he was being belayed - same as the SARDA dogs wear. He absolutely loved it (climbing not the harness!).

He died the a week after his 12th birthday and that was, and still is, the worst day of my life - I cried every single day for 13 months after his death; not exaggerating either.

He was a big boy but was a super friendly and gentle dog - many a non-dog person thought he was lovely too!

I miss him terribly and would give just about anything to have him back.

Last edited:

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Well you obviously know what Weim's are all about! In truth as long as he was active and had things to interest him he was oblivious to cold and rain etc. However, once playtime stopped he was a wimp. Many a time he'd come in of our local Fells soaked and acting pathetic - my wife used to towel him down and dry him with a hairdryer and he absolutely loved it.

I used to carry a fleece lined Gore-tex coat for him when we were doing long days in the mountains (we did well over 200 together) and he used to hate wearing it so it was always used as a last resort.

The photo there was Feb' 2004 when he was 5 years old. Snow was quite light for the month tbh and we'd come up via the Carn Mor Dearg Arete which was interesting for him in the conditions! He coped well. He was a powerful climber and though he could not climb vertical rock faces he clambered up some serious rock terrain in his time - he had that little lightweight harness he is (loosely) wearing there for easy terrain and a big Ruffwear harness for when he was being belayed - same as the SARDA dogs wear. He absolutely loved it (climbing not the harness!).

He died the a week after his 12th birthday and that was, and still is, the worst day of my life - I cried every single day for 13 months after his death; not exaggerating either.

He was a big boy but was a super friendly and gentle dog - many a non-dog person thought he was lovely too!

He sounds like a real character, a member of the family.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Well you obviously know what Weim's are all about! In truth as long as he was active and had things to interest him he was oblivious to cold and rain etc. However, once playtime stopped he was a wimp. Many a time he'd come in of our local Fells soaked and acting pathetic - my wife used to towel him down and dry him with a hairdryer and he absolutely loved it.

A wonderful post there spokey, I felt the same when my last dog had to go because of a serious illness. Many non dog people just don't realise how attached you can get to a canine friend.

Cubist

Still wavin'

That level of love and devotion needs another focus........... Just think how much another dog would love to share your adventures.

Top Bottom