Show us your steel.....its real...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SS Retro

Was fondling some nice Genesis geared steel in a bike shop in Penrith yesterday found it a bit weighty compared to my steel single speed, mind I did then spy a ss cyclo cross bike mmmmmmmmmmm

fossala

Guru
otZjCcN.jpg

I'm building it up over the next few days.

Croix de fer frameset
105 groupset with ultegra rear mech
bb7 disc brakes
ritchey classics seatpost/handlebars/stem
brooks team pro ti saddle (black)
Cinelli Imperial Leather Handlebar Tape (black)
Kinesis Crosslight CXDisc wheelset

I think it is going to look good. Once finished I'll post a picture.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
who did you buy it from?
Who I bought it from doesn't matter. There was a serious brake issue with the first model of the day one alfine, I attempted to make genesis aware of it and they didn't care, in fact they told me that it was an issue with only my set up, which isn't true as I know of multiple owners that had the same issue. Funnily enough, the next model they released had a completely different and much better brake set up.

Who I bought it from doesn't matter. There was a serious brake issue with the first model of the day one alfine, I attempted to make genesis aware of it and they didn't care, in fact they told me that it was an issue with only my set up, which isn't true as I know of multiple owners that had the same issue. Funnily enough, the next model they released had a completely different and much better brake set up.

Hello Gaz. what happened then? did you contact Genesis or Madison who own the brand?

i have no connection now with either company but did work for madison a long time ago and it seems strange that they took that approach towards a potential dangerous issue.

Psyclist

Über Member
Got my bike in my LBS being built ready for the weekend hopefully.
Before
p4pb9260305.jpg

After/Final picture before it went to the shop
p4pb9313822.jpg

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Hello Gaz. what happened then? did you contact Genesis or Madison who own the brand?

i have no connection now with either company but did work for madison a long time ago and it seems strange that they took that approach towards a potential dangerous issue.
I contacted both madison and genesis.

Top Bottom