Show us your steel.....its real...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Greenhouse

Fingers crossed ill have her up and running in a couple of weeks ! Working 6 days a week makes it so hard to find time !
Ill share another when I'm done

young Ed

Veteran
Fingers crossed ill have her up and running in a couple of weeks ! Working 6 days a week makes it so hard to find time !
Ill share another when I'm done
looks to be a multi speed block on the back? i would say redish rear wheel and replace rear block with SS fixed gear and you have a lovely bike, maybe add a front brake
Cheers Ed

Greenhouse

looks to be a multi speed block on the back? i would say redish rear wheel and replace rear block with SS fixed gear and you have a lovely bike, maybe add a front brake
Cheers Ed
Yeah man it's still got the multi speed on the rear , slack chain is because I was testing out what gear i prefere as it will be a fixed SS , I was thinkin of putting a brake where the old gear leavers went as I want it to look as minimal as possible , could get a polished Bmx leaver on there tho and still have it looking sleek :smile:
Was thinking 16/ 46 t ?
Have you got anyadvise/help or tips for fixed gearing ?

Greenhouse

Finally got her up and running :smile: and went for a nice ride before the lightening !

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 57
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 52
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 53

Greenhouse

Another cheeky pic !

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 34

lmow20

If it ain't titanium, it's not that cool.
Hi guys,
Here's my steely stan pike 531. I'm actually going to sell it - I love my lynskey sportive more :'(

What is a reasonable price would you say?

It's got a new Chorus chainset, chain, veloce cassette. 2003 chorus shifters, campy hubs with newish open-pro rims. Brand new Brooks titanium swift saddle. Cinelli bars and campy daytona mechs and brakes.

What are your thoughts? There are 13 more pics - just click it.

14689405295_975243ebe8.jpg

OK I've decided to completely strip down the new bike, so I'm not going to post pics of the frame and components, at least not until I've minted everything anyway ;)

I will confirm the bike is the Raleigh Record Sprint that @DCLane was selling HERE.

TBH it was in ridable condition, but on closer inspection the bars are too narrow for me at just 38cm!!, the saddle needs overhauling and the BB was grumbling.

So she's in bits now, the BB is stripped out and a new UN55 is ordered along with some tyres, cables, bartape, rimtape and a bottle cage, she's going to be spoiled I tell ya!

I've got some wider bars en route courtesy of @biggs682 and a mate of mine has a new chromed seatpost as the original got badly scratched taking it out of the frame :sad:

I'm going to Waxoyl the frame, treat a small rust spot on one chainstay, touch up accordingly and then re-build.

Just need to sort a saddle and that should be it.

Pics will follow.................................

Top Bottom