Show us your steel.....its real...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Big_Dave

The unlikely Cyclist
Yes yes I know lol

I want to go M520 but I really need to go for something with a flat so I can still use it for quick rides to work and football etc.

M520's I've bought come with a clip in flat platforms so you can use either SPD shoes and ordinary shoes. (from the woolly hat shop)

Venod

Eh up
I have 2 Titanium bikes with pics posted in the Show us your Titanium Thread, do they also qualify for this thread ? just a thought I'm not posting them.

Pics ? Come on!
Hahahaha, it'll have to wait I'm afraid.

Quick question to anyone who fancies it. The gearing is a little harsh for me TBH, but I don't want to do any more than just change the cassette ATM. So given that the bike now has an 8 speed 105 rear mech, would either this ROAD or this MTB* cassette be OK to ease the gearing a little?

*the MTB one would be either 12-28 or 12-30 as I doubt 12-30 would work with the rear mech, but I'm happy to be told otherwise.

Last edited:

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
This is what it looks like now

image-jpg.53087.jpg
Nice job!

SKoob

:thumbsup:
20140825_184011_Android.jpg
Here's a sneak peek of my 80% complete Surly Straggler alfine hubbed year round commuter/tourer. Currently waiting for gear cable inner, barrel adjuster, down tube cable stops, pannier rack extensions to clear the rear disc brake and trp spyre disc brakes.

Venod

Eh up
Are they steel or titanium?????

They are Titanium which is an alloy but I have seen the description Titanium Steel applied to various things.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
They are Titanium which is an alloy but I have seen the description Titanium Steel applied to various things.
I think in this case, theres a thread for the differing metals

Titanium
Steel
Alloy

If your bikes titanium, then use that thread

CRVFR

Colnago Master X-Light.jpg
Just collected this last Friday - bought the frame & components seperately and had my lbs build it for me. I make no apologies for the mix of old-style frame (bought brand new) with new-style components - I still think it looks stunning & it goes as well as it looks. I sold a full carbon Cube Agree GTC Race to part-fund this latest bike, and can now see why steel bikes have their fans!

Top Bottom