Show us your steel.....its real...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
thanks for the compliment...sorry but the forks are safely wrapped away.....i'm sure you'll come across some somewhere:smile:

no problem don't blame you, they were for a mates refurb anyway. :okay:

earlestownflya

here's a 1980 raleigh clubman i got off the flea market...the frame was in stunning condition as were the components and totally original throughout,beautiful paint finish,as all the raleighs were,put on some new tyres,new chain,bar tape and swapped the campag 980 derailleur,which was beyond repair for a gransport a had hanging about.
039.JPG
043.JPG
046.JPG
047.JPG
041.JPG
048.JPG
fantastic bike...but i'd never ride it...so i moved it on to somebody who would.went for £100 on ebay..i think the chap got a real bargain

Last edited:

Sim2003

Im sure iv posted before in another thread. But hey ho I get to show her off again. In her work gear.

Trek 520 disc 2015

Attachments

• DSC_0201.JPG
    DSC_0201.JPG
    125.1 KB · Views: 58

Aunty Tyke

here's a 1980 raleigh clubman i got off the flea market...the frame was in stunning condition as were the components and totally original throughout,beautiful paint finish,as all the raleighs were,put on some new tyres,new chain,bar tape and swapped the campag 960 derailleur,which was beyond repair for a gransport a had hanging about. View attachment 103931 View attachment 103932 View attachment 103933 View attachment 103934 View attachment 103935 View attachment 103936 fantastic bike...but i'd never ride it...so i moved it on to somebody who would.went for £100 on ebay..i think the chap got a real bargain
Beautiful!

Carbon

Veteran
French threads and tube diameters, as well as brakes that require an extra 50 metres to bring you to a halt, remind me of an old Peugeot I used to have. Carbolite tubing is very heavy and unforgiving. What has yours got?

A little late on the reply :smile: It's Reynolds 531, so along with the very light tubular wheels it's only about 9.5 KG. It's gone well over the summer but is now away for the winter. I'm rebuilding the hubs with a new set of 1970's Mavic tubular rims I picked up from Belgium, the current ones are not what you'd call round and are beyond truing now..... Looking forward to next spring and a much less lumpy ride!

Old jon

Guru
My rather wonderful bike. Bought from the makers last June, much too good a bike for an old novice . . .
But I do enjoy it. IMG_0195.jpg IMG_0546.jpg

earlestownflya

A little late on the reply :smile: It's Reynolds 531, so along with the very light tubular wheels it's only about 9.5 KG. It's gone well over the summer but is now away for the winter. I'm rebuilding the hubs with a new set of 1970's Mavic tubular rims I picked up from Belgium, the current ones are not what you'd call round and are beyond truing now..... Looking forward to next spring and a much less lumpy ride!
you'd be suprised what you could true up,if you've not already got a truing stand get one,as long as there is'nt a kink or bend in the rim you can swing it back in from 3" off line:okay:

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
My Rourke, first-time in Touring mode this weekend ...

IMG_2987.JPG

Ok ok, I know that's an Audax bike not a tourer and it's very loaded for a camping weekend .... but it was really to see if she was viable for load-lugging - 60 miles each way.
The answer is yes, but if I wanted to carry that for a longer duration I'd put low-riders on the front .... (unfortunately I never ordered the fork braze-ons for a perfect job).

For the old and observant .... yes, those are Karrimor ks100e Iberian Panniers, circa 1983 ....

Top Bottom