Sky TdF team...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

suzeworld

Veteran
That makes you laugh?
That DOESN'T make you laugh?

Tbh I have no intention of reading the book, so I am laughing at the reviewer's angle on it.

suzeworld

Veteran
The key point being in his own words. His record of doing on the road rather than paper is a bit more mixed

Dja know what: I'm an astute enough reader/writer and fan to know that without your patronising pointing out, thanks.
---

This thread is full of generalised comments about ''people'' that are so full of assumptions about other posters it takes my breath away. It is quite possible that ppl who are relatively new to this forum need not be relatively new to the sport ..... Just saying, like.

suzeworld

Veteran
I preferred the Undertaker to Hulk Hogan.

Not everyone would agree but just thought i'd share. :whistle:

Yes, this is one of the best comments.. Recognising that we're all entitled to a point of view and no-one in here knows any better than anyone else, unless they're on the team .... It's just a discussion folks. Not something with an absolute answer.

Well, I just look at what they do.

I think most partisanship, not based on ability or the now, does the sport a disservice.

Not sure about that, look at Italy in the Coppi v Bartali era, was that bad for the sport ?

I'm not suggesting that Wiggins and Froome are up there with those two although of course Froome could be.

RobNewcastle

Hope I'm proved wrong but I don't think Froome will be quite as strong as last year on the big climbs in terms of being able to drop people and could always lose a bit of time here and there. My ultimate prediction is that he'll limit his losses enough to then win the tour in the final TT.

I just listened to a podcast from SBS posted on tour steephill section previewing the tour and of the four none predicted Froome would win.

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
Snap. As a countryside kid, I loved going on bike rides but as I grew older bikes just sort of fell out of my life.

Team Sky, Wiggins and Cavandish were a pretty big part of getting me back into cycling. As was my compatriot, Chris Hoy, by winning all those Olympic medals. And it was following Froome-dog on the ITV TdF programme last year that enticed me to buy a road bike and sign up to the Cycle Chat website!

Yup, all it took was 20-odd Olympic medals and a couple of Tour de France victories but they convinced me to get off my couch and get back into it - and I've never been healthier in over a decade!
You should come join us in a cc Ecosse ride before the years out

beastie

Guru
Froome
Porte
Thomas
Eisel
Nieve
Lopez
Kiryienka
Zandio
Pate

Brailsford very big on Froomes leadership. Puts a lot of emphasis on team unity. This team is pretty very old, certainly no lack of experience. Average age 32.

thom

____
Good grief, beggars belief!

Top Bottom