Smashed into a stationary car and broke off wing mirror. Ouch,ouch,ouch

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Steve Saunders

Around September I got overtaken, badly, by a mini just before a junction (10-20yards). I was indicating left, they were turning left - as it turns out - (without indicating). I had to stop as they cut me up without warning. I was a bit annoyed so I sped up to catch up with them in the hope of asking them what they were playing at. Just as I was getting close to catching their slipstream and doing the same speed as them 25mph they inexplicably stopped for a car coming the other way despite the parked cars being on the other side of the road - i.e. our side had priority. My breaking distance would have been fine, but I rode over a patch of diesel and the back wheel locked up instantly. Released the brakes hoping to squeeze past ... but was thwarted by a raised seam in the road from when the council had repaired it - this threw my balance out. Had no option left, and it was slow motion ... until, thud ... as I smacked into the back corner of the car and got spat out into the road. Thankfully I wasn't over the bars and it just took me down sideways on the non-drive side, but it still twisted the shifter round the bars and fractured a bone in my finger - that took months to heal properly.

What made it worse was the driver of the mini was pretty fit - oops.

No damage to the car, I just bounced off thankfully. Felt a right tit.

Tin Pot

Guru
A right tit or her right tit?

Top Bottom