So would you tell her? (a 20 year lie)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
Let sleeping dogs lie.I got rumbled a few years ago.This is my second marriage,first one went tits up.Anyway i told my wife of nearly 25 years now.That i was tall dark and handsome.Well she had a word with our Doctor,who arranged not one but two Cataract operations.The only thing that was right is i am tall.Bald as a badger and have a squint.Oh well she still likes me.

OP, you got the wrong end of the stick. Instead of worrying about your past, just focus on guiding your daughter to do her level best. It means you have to find ways to motivate her, stimulate her interest in her studies and provide the right environment. I have seen parents make a difference by their involvement. The fact that you are concerned is a really good sign.

Last edited:
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSeKeJxseNgW6ZP1JAaa6pfBshLaHWpjjTCLJqzR5lIGV2P24FSmQ.jpg

I agree with the boredom bit.

I was one of those and went to Secondary School, where I got involved with a School Club involving an animal collection and that was it.... I went from being bored to finding that Biology and zoology were interesting, then that you needed other subjects to support that interest and it turned me round

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Whatever you do, DON'T admit to your daughter that you were bright but, er, easy-going. I once overheard my parents discussing my school report and heard my Mum say: "Oh well, I was no good at maths at school anyway...." and I remember thinking: "That's alright then!"
But I do find it difficult to tell mine off for the kind of things I did and got away with!!

I think it's fess-up time, or is it that my wife has long-since sussed me but is too kind to tell me??

May I ask how you would raise the subject? I think you should walk up to your wife and say "I have a confession to make. I'm not as intelligent as you think I am". Film the entire encounter and upload the footage here, thnx.

OP
OP
S

slowwww

Veteran
But I do find it difficult to tell mine off for the kind of things I did and got away with!!

No, I've never had a problem with that! 'Do as I say, not as I did' has come fairly easy to me. Perhaps a career in politics beckons?

Payback time. Now you know what you put your parents through!

My mother is constantly amazed at the hours I put in at work bearing in mind I did eff-all homework, revision etc. My suggestion that this was due to me being paid to work wheras school was unpaid did not impress!

Does your Wife read this forum?

I have many faults, but insanity is not one of them

Top Bottom