Some of Buckinghamshire is flat - 29th September

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mark st1

Plastic Manc
What average speed will you be doing? Part of this is on my home ground so would love to join you if I can keep up

I'm no whippet by any means but these friendly folk always seem to adopt the "leave no man behind" rule. I'm just hoping the words "near Go Ape" doesn't crop up :ohmy: quite a few surprisingly vicious little climbs around there iirc.

OP
OP
CharlieB

CharlieB

Junior Walker and the Allstars
Bother. Neither date works for either of us.
Darn shame, SRW, as I nicked some of your routing from a previous ride.
Is it going up the same way as last year or the other way around? Only I did it last year on my road bike, and I should have it back on the road by then :smile:
It's a slightly different approach than last year, to be honest the climb's a bit longer.
I'm no whippet by any means but these friendly folk always seem to adopt the "leave no man behind" rule. I'm just hoping the words "near Go Ape" doesn't crop up :ohmy: quite a few surprisingly vicious little climbs around there iirc.
The 'leave no man behind' rule always applies. And yes, we will see Go Ape signs.

This is looking encouraging - Mods - could the date in the title be changed, please?

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
can i just do the flat bits? :tired:

undecided, let you know closer to the day

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Date noted. Hopefully I have leave sorted for Claud's ride out from Newport on Friday, but I should be able to make this as well. First train I can get into Berko arrives 1022.

OP
OP
CharlieB

CharlieB

Junior Walker and the Allstars
What average speed will you be doing? Part of this is on my home ground so would love to join you if I can keep up
Depending on speed I am interested.
Hi NicciT and Snail Bait, at a rough guess about 13-14mph rolling average. But as ever, no-one gets left behind.
Date noted. Hopefully I have leave sorted for Claud's ride out from Newport on Friday, but I should be able to make this as well. First train I can get into Berko arrives 1022.
Duly noted, Stu.
I don't do Buckinghamshire any more in case it does for me;)
Worry not GC, we're not doing Frith Hill.

Top Bottom