Somebody please share in my frustration

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Smash the cistern
I finally got a bit of time today to carry on assembling the titanium superbike. It needs cables and chain, then it's ready for setting up and adjusting. I've got everything I need... or so I thought...

WHERE THE HELL IS MY BOTTOM BRACKET CABLE GUIDE!?!

It must be somewhere, I'm pretty sure it came with the shifters. Now I have to spend my time looking for it, and not building my bike. I can't do anything without it, and it's such a tiny piece it could be anywhere. I am very cross indeed.

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
HTH
upload_2015-12-1_14-1-58.png

clid61

Veteran
Go to where it is absolutely definitely not , look round make sure its not there , double check. Leave the area and then return , hey presto !!!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
It may have been under my nose all the time, I seem to remember I might have nicked it to use on a different bike. Whoops!
Ha ha - unfortunately, I can only officially 'like' that post once! :laugh:

I spent a couple of minutes trying to figure out where I had left my phone before discovering that I had already picked it up while chatting to a visitor and it was in my pocket! :whistle:

OP
OP
winjim

winjim

Smash the cistern
Ha ha - unfortunately, I can only officially 'like' that post once! :laugh:

I spent a couple of minutes trying to figure out where I had left my phone before discovering that I had already picked it up while chatting to a visitor and it was in my pocket! :whistle:
It's because the groupset was originally bought to go on an old bike which already had a cable guide, so I nicked it to use on a different build. I ended up selling the old bike and buying a new frame so now I need it again. :wacko:

Mile195

Veteran
That is annoying and I feel your pain. I was screwing an electrical junction box to the inside wall of my shed the other day. As I did so, one of the tiny terminal screws fell out onto the shed floor. If you saw the floor of my shed, you would know why I went straight out to buy a new junction box, rather than look for it.

Good luck!

Top Bottom