South Birmingham and Black Country Social Ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Downward

Guru
Me 3 not sure yet what the plans are tomorrow. I think though I may just have a quick spin up and over clent way and back down the other side so don't think i'll be doing a full 20 mile plus ride.

Downward

Guru
Did a quick pootle up Hagley Wood Lane and down Ufmoor Lane from home. It's only 7 miles door to door so only took about 30 mins, 9 of those were getting up HW Lane which I did without stopping but jeez had to get out the saddle from about 3/4 of the war up and at the top it was like 3mph climbing.

OP
OP
BrumJim

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
OK, early call for 24th April? (Next Saturday).

Weather looks steady, so should still be sunny, dry but cool. Will have to look out for volcanic ash clouds if we decide to ascend Romsley again, but legs are looking for another work-out.

Wobblers

Euthermic
Yes, if I'm finally free of this sodding cold I've had all week. Only been on the bike once this week (and regretted it!) so I'm not looking to be putting the hammer down. There's supposed to be a bike jumble in Kidderminster on Saturday - I'd quite like to have a browse around afterwards.

Downward

Guru
McWobble said:
Yes, if I'm finally free of this sodding cold I've had all week. Only been on the bike once this week (and regretted it!) so I'm not looking to be putting the hammer down. There's supposed to be a bike jumble in Kidderminster on Saturday - I'd quite like to have a browse around afterwards.

Ooo where is that ?

Wobblers

Euthermic
Downward said:
Ooo where is that ?

It's at the Forest Glades Centre, Bromsgrove St. Some brief details here:

http://www.campyoldy.co.uk/events.htm

Downward

Guru
I've got my 2 bikes at Work as well as my car !
Gonna have to ride back on the hyrbrid then get a lift up to get my car and road bike so If I am coming tmoz it'll be on the hybrid which means I will be even slower.

Wobblers

Euthermic
BrumJim said:
OK, McWobble - I think it is your time to devise the route.

Same starting point and time?

Errr, okay. Did I mention my usual navigation technique is to take random turnings until I'm thoroughly lost?

Downward said:
After the Farley Lane "Wrong Turn" too :biggrin:

That was purely an accident! I thought you were saying "straight on" rather than "Don't go straight on"! :sad:

I think I'll be all right for tomorrow though it felt doubtful this morning. I've got your mobile, Downward, so I'll text you in the morning if I don't feel up to it. Otherwise, yes, same time, same place.

Top Bottom