Speeds on Strava

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JMAG

Über Member
@Dan B you may have missed my post on the 1st page of this thread, but I carried out this experiment on Saturday, albeit unintentionally. The shifting of CoG will have a minimal effect on deceleration and I can tell you the rear wheel will come down several metres past the braking point. This was with a metre or so stopping space :smile:

20150822_141119.jpg
20150822_141111.jpg

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
Ouch @JMAG that's a nasty arrow through your knee there.
GWS.

Cannondale Lady

Strava must be wrong.......it gave my average speed as 9.4 mph.....no way! Never gone that fast an average yet (see my beginners thread)! Best so far was 8.4 mph. Or am I just getting better? *polishes her personal best award*

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
I thought this might have been @young Ed until I read the link!!

Rabriguez

There's a segment on my commute I have gone for a few times and I it in 3rd. Current KOM has an average speed 20mph above my effort!

JMAG

Über Member
20mph is a lot uphill. Maybe it was a pro or maybe they cheated? There's nothing to stop anyone jumping in a car or on a motorbike with Strava on. :smile:

32.186kmph = 8.9405 m/s or 8,940.5 cm/s
No one seems to have bought you to task for this.

There's a 100cm in a metre (the clue is in the name). so it's 894cm/s, or 8,940mm/s. So (assuming your other calculations are correct) only 30gs. So he probably wouldn't actually be crushed by the force, as he presumably has strong muscles and bones to apply that braking power with his hands.

Preview of video ....

StappSled.jpg

Top Bottom