Sports Personality of the Year 2015

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
What has winning Wimbledon got to do with Sports Personality of the year? I follow sport, not TV celeb events.
Because anyone who follows sports would know that winning Wimbledon is such a massive achievement in the eyes of the public that they would be a shoe-in for the award, which he was.
Murray came 1st with 56% of the vote.
And the BBC refer to the award as being for British Sporting Achievement, the word "Personality" is rarely aluded to, it is just what the award was called back in 1954, when the award was started.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I think that my vote will go to Jo Pavey. At least she achieved a win without a vast amount of sponsorship and millions of pounds of technology, with a vast backup crew behind her.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I think that my vote will go to Jo Pavey. At least she achieved a win without a vast amount of sponsorship and millions of pounds of technology, with a vast backup crew behind her.
and she doesnt even get central funding next year either, as she is considered too old

U

User169

Slightly bemused by the nominations for Jo Pavey - other than goodwill towards the plucky loser.

She's an admirable athlete, but actually not that good in the International sense.

The fact that a 40y old won a euro gold says more about that comp than her sadly.

david k

Hi
wish it was about personality and achievement, it isnt, or else Sam Burgess would definitely win but because of the biased against RL in this country he wont get a look in

Top Bottom