Spring Classics 2022 (spoilers alert)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
The womens race is great - no idea who will win!! Brodie Chapman has had a cracking week though!
Oooh this is good

OP
OP
B

bitsandbobs

Über Member
Couple of good races there!
Awesome race 🤩 fantastic ride from MVDP, managed to win despite not being the steongest. Pog was great untill he made the worst possible choice in the final sprint. Very petulant behaviour at the end - 23yr sometimes comes through.

Pog came over well once he'd calmed down.

the_craig

Über Member
Sdworx .... I love it when a plan comes together.

The only way that they can beat AVV I feel.

A great finish to a great race by Lotte Kopecky. And IIRC, the first Belgian winner of the Ladies race.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I heard the other day that there are only 3 Belgian women in the pro peloton, which, given Belgium's love of cycling is quite bizarre.
Heard on The Cycling Podcast? Yeah, it does rather suggest that maybe the Royal Belgian Cycling League has even bigger problems than British Cycling!

edit to add: 3 Belgian riders in the World Tour peloton. At Pro level, it's a better picture for Belgium, as they're in 5th place, with 43 pro riders. That's 1 less than GB and 1 more than France, which isn't bad for a country with about a sixth of the population. I guess the question is why they're not making it into the World ranks in the same numbers as riders from GB and France.

Last edited:

Adam4868

Guru
14km to go in the Amstel Kwiatkowski and Cosnefoy have 20 seconds over a group including MvDP, Bling, Teums Kung and Pidcock.

Oh and French Eurosport has the cycling images but with the sound from the Monte Carlo open tennis!

Reactions: mjr
Top Bottom