Stage 21 **SPOILER**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paul_L

Über Member
Not sure if it's acceptable drill for a newbie to start a thread as famed as this, but hey ho, none others so far.

And so to Paris, and the multi lap finish to the Champs.

Will a break away make it?
Will it be the normal Columbia HTC ride out train for Cav?
Will Thor / Freire / Ciolek / etc. be extra determined to beat Cav?

One thing's for sure Wiggo will be making sure there are no silly time gaps in the peleton, especially if Mr. F. Schleck is further up the field.

ITV4 at 3 for all the answers and the usual yellow jersey champagne toasts on the run in to Paris. Will LA and AC chink glasses!

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Paul_L said:
ITV4 at 3 for all the answers and the usual yellow jersey champagne toasts on the run in to Paris. Will LA and AC chink glasses!
Only if one of them headbutts the other! :tongue:

johnnyh

Veteran
taking it Armstong holds his podium spot, I think he will have done an amazing job given age and time out... next year the body will be another year older, but with a good years prep it'll be interesting to see how much stronger he might be.

simon_brooke

Paul_L said:
Not sure if it's acceptable drill for a newbie to start a thread as famed as this, but hey ho, none others so far.

And so to Paris, and the multi lap finish to the Champs.

Will a break away make it?

No.

Will it be the normal Columbia HTC ride out train for Cav?

(Yawn) of course.

Will Thor / Freire / Ciolek / etc. be extra determined to beat Cav?

Yes, but unless Columbia mess up badly they won't succeed.

Face it, the race is over. Yesterday was the last day - and what a fabulous last day! Nothing interesting will happen today. Roll on the Vuelta!

One thing's for sure Wiggo will be making sure there are no silly time gaps in the peleton, especially if Mr. F. Schleck is further up the field.

There will be no silly time gaps. Everyone knows the score and there is nothing left to race for (except for the sprinters). None of the top ten will allow any other of the top ten to get away, and the sprint teams won't let anyone get away. So probably no-one will even try.

Oh, of course they'll chink glasses for the cameras. What they'll do when they're away from the cameras, who knows?

Cathryn

Legendary Member
No cynicism please...today is well too exciting. I'm in Paris, the sun is blistering already and I'm very VERY excited. Got my flag to wave...bring on the cycling boys!!

OP
OP
Paul_L

Paul_L

Über Member
Hey Cathryn, you'll have a top day. I remember getting completely sun burnt stood on the Rue de Rivoli on the approach to the Place de La Concorde in 1997. Great memories.

Globalti

Legendary Member
When I lived in Paris the Tour went within 100 metres of my front door. I waited for an hour while the cavalcade went past then whoooooosh ten seconds and the bikes had gone.

Bigtwin

It all so tediously obvious.

Cav will shove Thor's head into Lance's wheel with a Km to go.

Bertie will be caught into ensuing pile-up, crash into a barrier, and some "skin" will be peeled back to reveal a panel of flashing lights and micro-chips, and pneumatic actuators, all from North Korea.

Bradders won't be able to help himself, and will stop to piss on the lot of them whilst laughing manically, a la Brian Blessed up Everest with the Jap's tents.

The Schek's shorts will be damaged to reveal that they are actually mother and daughter; immediate disqualification.

The rest of the peleton will turn into a massive free-for-all fistey-cuffs, no one will actually cross the line, and Voight will be declared the winner.

Hardly worth tuning in really.

Top Bottom