Stage 21 **SPOILER**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Paul_L

Paul_L

Über Member
i was begining to think they might stay clear but it's come down from 31s to 21s in the last lap. Begining to look like a textbook catch now.

OP
OP
Paul_L

Paul_L

Über Member
so easy in the end for Cav. Renshaw took a great last corner. Couldn't believe the winning margin.

Great interview with Wiggo afterwards. Such humility.

darkfibre72

Great win !! well done cav

Have to add my thoughts on what was a great Tour!

Cav was a suprise winner for me today- I thought it'd be too much of a scramble - Excellent Mark, well done!

As for Bradley - what a Tour - can't wait for 2010....great! Well done Bradley!

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Well done to Cav. Was it me, or did the Garmin boys run wide and right after the penultimate corner, and had the door shut to them on the final right?

Regardless, a brilliant 3 weeks racing.

Only 49 weeks to wait till it kicks off again.

andrew_s

Legendary Member
ComedyPilot said:
Well done to Cav. Was it me, or did the Garmin boys run wide and right after the penultimate corner, and had the door shut to them on the final right?
It was more that they took the wrong line through the corners. Having run wide and right, to make the last right bend they had to go wide and left or slow down. Columbia were already on the wide and left line so they ended up blocking everyone else.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
andrew_s said:
It was more that they took the wrong line through the corners. Having run wide and right, to make the last right bend they had to go wide and left or slow down. Columbia were already on the wide and left line so they ended up blocking everyone else.

I sort of meant that.

And as the Garmins momentum was reduced as they came out of the final bend Thor Hushovd got held up behind them a little?

ilovebikes said:
why do they put the jerseys on backwards on the podium??

Because it is easier to iron on the Team Sponsor's pub!

On the subject of presentations, I thought the ladies in black would give a young rider plenty of encouragement...it all looked very stylish though, apart from Lance Grimacestrong.
He did well - he should smile a bit more.
Thanks to everyone who has written on this thread the last three weeks - some interesting and intelligent stuff.
And I posted too...:biggrin:

Top Bottom