Stage 21 **SPOILER**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

andrew_s

Legendary Member
ComedyPilot said:
I sort of meant that.

And as the Garmins momentum was reduced as they came out of the final bend Thor Hushovd got held up behind them a little?

last kilometre here
They did a good job of blocking for Cav:biggrin:

Hincapie peeled off right on the left bend just as the two garmins started to move up. They went past him on his right, which is what put them off line, and when they rejoined the line at the right bend they had slowed too much.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Where did Boonen finish, did he make it to Paris?

jpembroke

ComedyPilot said:
As 'chequered' a career as he's had, I still have a bit of a soft spot for Tom, and would love to see him go up against the Cav.

He's not a sprinter anymore and wouldn't stand a chance against Cav in a full on sprint. A spring classic? Now that's another matter.

mangaman

jpembroke said:
He's not a sprinter anymore and wouldn't stand a chance against Cav in a full on sprint. A spring classic? Now that's another matter.

Depends on the classics - though

Obviously Cav won the Milan San Remo and it'd hard to see who can challengle him in the near future

Boonen's a man for the cobblesteones which Cav is (IMHO too small for) so as you say depends on the classic.

Milan San Remo - Cav. could just keep winning it it
Other Spring classsics - Boonen / Ballan I reckon

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
One nasty incident at the final ceremony. I'm no longer a fan of KoM, Pelizotti, who during the presentation refused to kiss a black podium girl (and this is not the first time, apparently...). Not nice at all.

Still, the Tour was a fabulous one this year. And no drug scandals yet, so I guess we will just have to wait for the recently announced retrospective testing for new masking agents...

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
mangaman said:
Depends on the classics - though

Obviously Cav won the Milan San Remo and it'd hard to see who can challengle him in the near future

Boonen's a man for the cobblesteones which Cav is (IMHO too small for) so as you say depends on the classic.

Milan San Remo - Cav. could just keep winning it it
Other Spring classsics - Boonen / Ballan I reckon

I wouldn't bet against Wiggins winning a tough classic or two now he's discovered his belief as a road rider.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Flying_Monkey said:
One nasty incident at the final ceremony. I'm no longer a fan of KoM, Pelizotti, who during the presentation refused to kiss a black podium girl (and this is not the first time, apparently...). Not nice at all.
Astounding

Flying_Monkey said:
Still, the Tour was a fabulous one this year. And no drug scandals yet, so I guess we will just have to wait for the recently announced retrospective testing for new masking agents...
Oooh - Wiggo might still get on the podium!

Flying_Monkey said:

That's bad; - my wife just said that SHE may have refused to kiss a sweaty Italian!:smile:

Top Bottom