Stolen Red Condor Fratello

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

takeabikeride

A lapse in sanity cost me my lovely Condor Fratello. Thieves are everywhere, even on quiet, last house on cul-de-sac streets way off the main through fares and far from the center of the big cities.

Lock it or loose it no matter where you are and how safe you feel.

A few changes from the picture, New Kamsin wheel set, handle bar tape has red flecks on black. Bike Hut carbon fiber stem. Carbon forks.

If you happen to see this bike please let me know.

S/N 06106023

I have reported it to the police and it is registered.

Attachments

• Condor Fratello11.jpg
    Condor Fratello11.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 325

e-rider

crappy member
I'm very aware the theives regularly patrol the rear gardens of suburban areas looking for things to take (mainly bikes); mainly at night, but during the day too when people are out at work.

Crankarm

Guru
A lapse in sanity cost me my lovely Condor Fratello. Thieves are everywhere, even on quiet, last house on cul-de-sac streets way off the main through fares and far from the center of the big cities.

A few changes from the picture, New Kamsin wheel set, handle bar tape has red flecks on black. Bike Hut carbon fiber stem. Carbon forks.

S/N 06106023

Nice bike the Condor Fratello.

Unlike the scum that took yours.

OP
OP
T

takeabikeride

Lulled into feeling safe, dumb, this happened at 11 in the morning!! So mid-day with neighbors about. Brazen and gutsy is all I can say!!One of the neighbors gave a description of a guy hanging about on a mobile phone.

OP
OP
T

takeabikeride

S/N 06106023

I have now retrieved my condor from Kent Gumtree, cost £140 to get it back. Police would not come out until I verified it was mine by seeing the bike. So off to see 'John' who kindly helped load the Condor into the car. At least I got it back and does not appeared to be damaged. He took the rack off so need to buy a new one.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
I have now retrieved my condor from Kent Gumtree, cost £140 to get it back. Police would not come out until I verified it was mine by seeing the bike. So off to see 'John' who kindly helped load the Condor into the car. At least I got it back and does not appeared to be damaged. He took the rack off so need to buy a new one.

Wow, I mean WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, top work in getting your bike back and extraordinary self control in completing the deal in such a civilised manner. I genuinely admire that no fuss approach, sadly my temper would have gone on me.

e-rider

crappy member

I can't really believe this.

You paid £140 to get your own bike back from the guy who nicked it without saying a word to him? Behaviour like this just encourages more bike theft.

potsy

Rambler

So what's happening now with the police then? Did you not ask 'John' if he had a rack for sale too?
wacko.gif

OP
OP
T

takeabikeride

I got my bike back, I didn't get hurt or threatened and it is now in the hands of the police so it is not finished, just with the right folks to follow it up.

A word with him, he's gone and so is my bike.

e-rider

crappy member
I got my bike back, I didn't get hurt or threatened and it is now in the hands of the police so it is not finished, just with the right folks to follow it up.

A word with him, he's gone and so is my bike.

If you are worried about being hurt or threatened perhpas you shouldn't have got the police involved at all; don't forget he knows where you live and where the bike is - he'll be back to get it again and make another £140 out of you!

I would have made sure he was physically unable to take any other bikes before taking my own bike back for free!

Anyway, each to their own methods - as you say, you have the bike back, and I did note from the size of your bike that you're only a small bloke.

Top Bottom