Stolen Red Condor Fratello

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

porteous

Veteran
If you are worried about being hurt or threatened perhpas you shouldn't have got the police involved at all; don't forget he knows where you live and where the bike is - he'll be back to get it again and make another £140 out of you!

I would have made sure he was physically unable to take any other bikes before taking my own bike back for free!

Anyway, each to their own methods - as you say, you have the bike back, and I did note from the size of your bike that you're only a small bloke.

I would imagine there are enough CC users in your area to help out if you have a problem and the police don't show an instant interest!

Crankarm

Guru
I have now retrieved my condor from Kent Gumtree, cost £140 to get it back. Police would not come out until I verified it was mine by seeing the bike. So off to see 'John' who kindly helped load the Condor into the car. At least I got it back and does not appeared to be damaged. He took the rack off so need to buy a new one.

Did you haggle?

Joking aside, I would have called the police and told them I was at an address recovering my stolen property with "assistance" and supporting evidence of ownership. Should they wish to turn up that would be great and avoid the need for an ambulance. I think that would get their attention.

When are you going back for your £140 and rack?

Top Bottom