strava help ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
If you do an athlete search for a common name you will get lots of accounts popping up with the same usernane, so I suspect it is possible to have multiple accounts with the same user name.

You can't have the same username for 2 accounts.
With Strava you can - the username is simply a display name, nothing more. When you login, you log in using an email address, not your username.

I believe you @Adam4868 have identified the problem. You have 2 accounts. Therefore the system thinks you are different people. You need to log in using the email address of the account that has the data in it, not the new one. If you can't remember the password for the old account, then do a password reset on the other email address, the one with the data. No need to involve Strava support which will take about 48hrs to respond. And your data is not gone if other people can still see you. It is simply a case of working out which account email address you need to log in with. So signing in with a FB account or not or working out which email address you were logging in with. Just keep trying the combinations until you hit the correct one.
Also remember that she may have fallen for the sign up page which it always presents first rather than the little login option you have to go and hunt for...

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
Mystery solved ! My original account same name,same email.Or so i thought until the kind man from strava help pointed out.My original accound had my email spelt wrong ! So ive now found it ! Thanks for all the help and advice,needless to say im better with a bike than a computer !!

bpsmith

Veteran
With Strava you can - the username is simply a display name, nothing more. When you login, you log in using an email address, not your username.

I believe you @Adam4868 have identified the problem. You have 2 accounts. Therefore the system thinks you are different people. You need to log in using the email address of the account that has the data in it, not the new one. If you can't remember the password for the old account, then do a password reset on the other email address, the one with the data. No need to involve Strava support which will take about 48hrs to respond. And your data is not gone if other people can still see you. It is simply a case of working out which account email address you need to log in with. So signing in with a FB account or not or working out which email address you were logging in with. Just keep trying the combinations until you hit the correct one.
Also remember that she may have fallen for the sign up page which it always presents first rather than the little login option you have to go and hunt for...
Wrong. You simply cannot have 2 usernames the same. Who cares what your actual name is, it's not your username. In this case the username is your email address and you cannot have 2 accounts with the same email address.

Agree with the bits after that. Just choose to reset password, using the correct email address and all sorted.

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
Strange though that when i set up couple of years ago it was with a typo error email.Ive never logged out as its on my phone.

Top Bottom