England : Suffolk Suffolk Sunday Club - Ride 4 - The Sunday that happened on a Saturday

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Slight change of plan for this month's ride, and for this ride we plan to do a 100 miles regardless of fitness, weather or rank odour, partly in prep for the Suffolk Sunrise. We'll also be starting at the far more dignified time of 9am, which of course means that we'll potentially be ending the ride a lot later than usual.

Date - Saturday 20th April 2013
Start time - 9am
Start & end point - The Giles Statue by Costa Coffee in Ipswich town centre
Length - 100(ish) miles in total, but done in three 'stages', so just do what you fancy (see below)
Food / café stops? - There is no specific café stop but we will be passing plenty of places suitable for hot drinks and food, and we'll be in no hurry, so will be happy to stop as the group decides.
Target average speed - NONE!

The route

Part 1
Where - Ipswich to Aldeburgh via Snape Maltings and back
Distance - 50 miles
Route - Click 'ere...

Part 2
TBC - any requests?

Part 3
Where - Great Wenham, Hintlesham and back (Trumpet's TT Strava Segment)
Distance - 16 miles
Route - Click 'ere...

Please RSVP if you're planning on coming, we won't hold you to it but it's useful to know who we should keep en eye out for. Please also PM me your mobile number if you plan to come so I can let you know of any last minute changes.

SimonJKH

Blue collar cyclist
That date looks pretty good to me. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
The weather is looking pretty good:

image.jpg

image.jpg

Jon George

Mamil and couldn't care less
I'm planning to do my first 100 the following day. If you could just leave some food/water dumps on the way to Aldeburgh, I'd appreciate it ...

OP
OP
Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
I'm planning to do my first 100 the following day. If you could just leave some food/water dumps on the way to Aldeburgh, I'd appreciate it ...

I'll leave them with some shopkeepers, they might ask for for some financial compensation for the storage though, would you mind squaring up with them? ;)

Actually a stored goods version of Geocaching could be useful for occasions like this!

Andrew, it is my intention to join you on one of these rides sooner or later but I seem to have had the lurgies for the past month or so and know that I wouldn't make the distance at the moment, at whatever speed! I've had the past week off all activities in a bid to get better and will hopefully be OK now so I'll aim for next month maybe?? Good luck, Andy.

OP
OP
Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Andrew, it is my intention to join you on one of these rides sooner or later but I seem to have had the lurgies for the past month or so and know that I wouldn't make the distance at the moment, at whatever speed! I've had the past week off all activities in a bid to get better and will hopefully be OK now so I'll aim for next month maybe?? Good luck, Andy.

Here's to the lurgies leaving you!

Mike!

Guru
I've been suffering with wind the past two days :tongue: but I really hope I can make it for the first leg and try to keep up with you guys. Will be waiting outside Kesgrave High School (not my usual lurking place I have to say!) but will text you if i cannot make it for whatever reason (her indoors!)

Top Bottom