Suffolk Sunrise 100 - 9 May 2010

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stevevw

Guru
I probably will if not racing that weekend. Couple of people here at work are looking to do it too.

stevevw

Guru
Luke
They had a bar and a BBQ at the finish last year, plus they had 3 food stops and a nice lunch stop on the route with free food and drink :smile:. I can guess where you will be on the 9th of May now. :smile:

OP
OP
Auntie Helen

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
I think it's worth doing, especially now they aren't doing the Ferry which was a bit of a problem with hanging around (and getting my trike onto it!)

I thought they catered excellently with masses of food - including lots of cake. Signage was generally good too.

I may try for the 100 miles this time and if so I'll ensure I haven't done 85 miles the day before. I may do the 100km if I feel a bit seedy or if I don't get there early enough though!

ChrisKH

Guru
Auntie Helen said:
I think it's worth doing, especially now they aren't doing the Ferry which was a bit of a problem with hanging around (and getting my trike onto it!)

I thought they catered excellently with masses of food - including lots of cake. Signage was generally good too.

I may try for the 100 miles this time and if so I'll ensure I haven't done 85 miles the day before. I may do the 100km if I feel a bit seedy or if I don't get there early enough though!

Sold! See you there. :smile:

Rezillo

TwoSheds
Bit of a shame about the ferry. I know there were queues last year but the ferry was a nice feature of the ride. The section out to Felixstowe was pleasant and the immediate contrast in countryside type on the other side of the river made the experience a bit different. I got there at 8ish and the wait was about 15 minutes; I hear it was a lot longer later on.

John

Rezillo

TwoSheds
Bit of a shame about the ferry. I know there were queues last year but the ferry was a nice feature of the ride. The section out to Felixstowe was pleasant and the immediate contrast in countryside type on the other side of the river made the experience a bit different. I got there at 8ish and the wait was about 15 minutes; I hear it was a lot longer later on.

John

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Agree with Rezillo, I like the ferry part and use this often during the summer. Unsure about this one but if last year was anything to go on this filled up quickly so don't leave applications too late.

4F

Agree with Rezillo, I like the ferry part and use this often during the summer. Unsure about this one but if last year was anything to go on this filled up quickly so don't leave applications too late.

4F

Rezillo

TwoSheds
Well, out in the rain first thing on this ride today with my Cyclechat jacket on but, unlike last year, no others to be seen. Anyone else go?

John

Top Bottom