England : London Sunday London ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AnythingButVanilla

Über Member
I've yet to do a Sunday ride and experience a Slag or two and it sounds like I missed a great morning out, probably for the best as I spent much of the weekend p*ssed and yesterday hungover. Perhaps next time though.

U

User10571

Yup, that's Joff! He said he was going to be on the next edition of the Bike Show.
Clarion has it!
That is indeed Joff.
Forgive the late reply (and my mis-spelling of his name) not long back from having pointed the fixer at Cambridge today.
The guy behind Joff also looks familiar - from what little I can see of him.

EDIT: Impressive time for Joff, err.... and Dani akshully.

Clarion has it!
That is indeed Joff.
Forgive the late reply (and my mis-spelling of his name) not long back from having pointed the fixer at Cambridge today.
The guy behind Joff also looks familiar - from what little I can see of him.

EDIT: Impressive time for Joff, err.... and Dani akshully.
You and your pointing bicycles, User10571! Hope it was a fair ride in fine weather. The guy behind was a microphone fiddler - probably have another full face somewhere. Do you go to a lot of RollaP's - the Winter Leagues etc? I know nothing about it apart from the fact that it is linked with Condor...looks fun. The chap that beat Rob's friend, Mills,did a 21.85 (in his sage green desert boots) with Mills doing a 23.13.
All that to say that desert boots are 'way to go'! :smile: I'm still pondering the cable car and its value...now, if one could loop across from Royal Docks to The Shard...with a few stops inbetween.

zigzag

Veteran
rollapaluza is good fun - i had a go on their rollers about a month ago - my best time was 23.01; to be competitive in their league you shoud be able to spin low 20s (or better)

Martin's son is a good likeness! And he has a lot more hair than his father, but then isn't that often the case ^_^. You're right too, Martin, his friend looked very fit :rolleyes:
Hello - yes, not bad for someone who has been 'dossing' for six weeks or so eh? When I chatted to Andrew, he casually mentioned that they (the Olympic sailing squad) are putting out well in excess of 1000 watts on their gym powermeters..and then max out at 1300 or so...it all made me feel rather feeble...but then most things do after a while. :smile:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Can anyone come along, and is hpc refrencing hyde park corner?
What type of bike would I need to bring, a touring bike or road bike ?

Of course and yes and anything you like

martint235

Dog on a bike
I'm a probably not. ETA back from Winchester is about 5pm so following the Arallsopp principle about 7pm. A pass is unlikely to be allowed just over 12 hours later!

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Late starters (ahem...) might fancy a wander up to Herne Hill for the keirins from 1pm. Forecast's dry, it's free, and it's in London, which should cover some of the requirements. I think ABV was hoping to get up there and I'm waiting to hear if Canadian neph and niece fancy an outing. There was even a thread.

Top Bottom