England : London Sunday London ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
ttcycle

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Damn, just seen this!! Busy Sunday (thinking if both can be squeezed in but probably not). Have a lovely ride.

U

User10571

You'd be more than welcome to join us.
Looking at the weather..... I intend to be back home, by the time the weather arrives.

U

User10571

If we leave Mile End at 09:00 and are progressive, without being silly, we should easily be there by 13:00 or not long after.
Worst case scenario, somewhere between 13:00 and 14:00.
The 13:51 from Cambridge arrives in Lpoo St at 15:15.
2 trains ph, 32 and 51 past the hour.
I am expecting to be on an earlier train.
Does that work for you?

Last edited by a moderator:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I'm planning on getting the train back too...
And may have a guest rider with me. I say may.. that's if he drags his lazy arse out of bed early enough.

OP
OP
ttcycle

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Works for me, haven't ridden for a week and a half but it should be fine. As long as I can get back for 3ish or earlier then we're good. See you tomorrow.

U

User10571

I'm bringing waterproofs......
If I have them, and especially if I put them on - I find that decreases the chance of showers....
If anyone else wants a GPS file of the route, send me a PM / text / email with your email addy.

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
What a grey day. It's not a good sign when the first hill you come to you get off and walk but Cambridge was the destination. With User10571 leading the way and Ian beeping every 5 seconds we made it,almost. ttcycle joined us for a while but had other commitments
A different route had us twisting and turning for a moment i thought we were at the funfair,
with my knees still recovering from Aprils off every hill was a slog but as long as i didn't walk up them i was happy.
Nice ride, i kinder want to do it at night maybe next summer.

Thanks guys, was really good to see you Grace

pics https://flic.kr/s/aHskiNbwZM

Last edited:
OP
OP
ttcycle

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Shame to leave after Ware but my legs weren't happy with the hills, thankfully, because of that decision my legs are fine today. Flat? Flat?! Definitely not! Hope to see Cambridge next time.

Great to see you all too and thanks User10571 for leading.

U

User10571

A good day out in great company.
Grace, you were missed on the second half!
Today, my legs are mostly making themselves known.
Head wind aside, I was shockingly over-optimistic on time scales......

ETA Thanks to those who had GPS, who were able to patch my patchy navigation....

Top Bottom