England : London Sunday London ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

crazyjoe101

Well I'll say hello to the horses for you all if I manage to haul my carcass out of bed.

rb58

Enigma
Can someone give me a quick precis of what these rides are? I am interested in doing a few group rides and have been considering the Friday night runs too....
Very social pootle around London, usually with a breakfast/coffee destination such as the Olympic Park, Ally Pally, Trinity Buoy Wharf, LMNH etc. Maybe a couple of laps of Hyde park first. Conversational pace, modest mileage. Meet at Hyde park Corner at 9.30am, leave after the Horse Guards have passed by, usually all wrapped up around lunchtime. Best to check here before planning to turn up though as meet-ups have been less frequent of late.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Fat Boy's Diner is shut and it looks like it's been shut for over a month. However, if Trinity Buoy Wharf is the coffee stop destination, there's now a Bow Creek Café just about where the previous site of FBD was. Maybe they lost trade to the new café.

U

User10571

Fat Boy's Diner is shut and it looks like it's been shut for over a month. However, if Trinity Buoy Wharf is the coffee stop destination, there's now a Bow Creek Café just about where the previous site of FBD was. Maybe they lost trade to the new café.
That's a shame, but the real shame happened a while back, when the Italian guy who was running Fatboys, sold / handed it over to the hipsters,who didn't really have much clue attitude.
I'll be interested to see what the Bow Creek Café is like.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
That's a shame, but the real shame happened a while back, when the Italian guy who was running Fatboys, sold / handed it over to the hipsters,who didn't really have much clue attitude.
I'll be interested to see what the Bow Creek Café is like.
I had a salami and salad roll. Salami was good but nothing special. I had a reasonable coffee but my brother ordered tea and got a mug of milky water that a teabag had briefly curtseyed into. No hint of a pastrami on rye, I'm afraid. Arty décor, mini garden alongside the lightship was pleasant enough.

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Could be, providing i can dig myself out of bed

rb58

Enigma
Anyone about for Sunday we are planning to be at the Start and depending of route and mileage tag along,really enjoy these Semi Informal Rides
I think I'll be there. It's been a while.
How about Island Gardens as a destination? I seem to recall @User10571 mentioning many moons ago that they do a decent Jerk Chicken in the cafe there.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I think I'll be there. It's been a while.
How about Island Gardens as a destination? I seem to recall @User10571 mentioning many moons ago that they do a decent Jerk Chicken in the cafe there.

They do. Little West Indian place. Lovely Jamaican Patties too..

However... service.........is........................................................slow.

U

User10571

I believe it has changed hands since I was last there (a while ago).
I haven't sampled the fare of the current owners.

Top Bottom