England : London Sunday London ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Can someone tell me about these Sunday rides. How formal/informal or organised are they. What's the aim, can anyone join in etc...like the idea of a jaunt around London.

Cheers....

Very informal. Everyone welcome, what ever you ride. Conversational pace. Just turn up at 9.30am at Wellington Arch. Set off after the Queens Cavalry pass by. Where's it go? Who knows. Decision on the day usually.

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
Very informal. Everyone welcome, what ever you ride. Conversational pace. Just turn up at 9.30am at Wellington Arch. Set off after the Queens Cavalry pass by. Where's it go? Who knows. Decision on the day usually.

Splendid sounds good, is this a cycle chat thing or more widely known event, also how regular is it?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Splendid sounds good, is this a cycle chat thing or more widely known event, also how regular is it?

It's a cycle chat thing.
If someone calls a ride on here then people usually turn up. Just follow the thread and do a call out to say you'll be there. There may be one or two of you, maybe more. Most there has been is 27.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I believe it has changed hands since I was last there (a while ago).
I haven't sampled the fare of the current owners.
It has, you're right. Shame.

U

User10571

It has, you're right. Shame.
So I swung by there on my way home, this evening.
It is closed on a Monday.
But the guy who runs the tea / refreshment / sweet stall adjacent to it, crumpled like a blue Rizla, under my assiduous questioning.
It turns out that it is, once again, in the hands of the two ladies that previously ran it, that the legendary Jerk Chicken, rice n'peas is once again on the menu, and that a relaxed table service is what should be expected.
It is good fodder if you aren't in a hurry.
Unless this Sunday's forecast is $h!t€, I'll be in Herne Bay for the airshow.
Failing that I may see you at HPC or Island Gardens Cafe.
And that signals the end of this evening's good news broadcast.

Last edited by a moderator:
U

User10571

User10571 whereabouts is this as my knowledge of London isn't all that great ?
Nigel, it is as you exit the north end of the Greenwich Foot Tunnel - so you get to have your Jerk Chicken, rice n'peas whilst copping the view of Greenwich Naval College which Canaletto painted.

L01926_10.jpg

Proper.

It's here:
https://goo.gl/maps/99aqi1FeRjr
The hut with the blue roller shutter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom