Tapatalk Removal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I can see both sides of this, but TBH, if this were my forum, I wouldn't stand for ad injection either.

This thread has prompted me to try accessing the site using my phone, which has a tiny 3.5 inch screen. I am impressed!

(Posted from an Xperia Ray)

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I agree with Shaun. I have paid for version 2 and 4 of tapatalk - it's great when connections are flaky but if they are going to cause these issues with the free version then it's got to go. If people are prepared to pay for it, why offer an ad infiltrated free one. Shooting themselves in the foot.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Works just fine! It's not Shauns fault people paid for an app.

Quit moaning and give it a go.
screenshot_2013-10-10_1300.png

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Sorry for not only liking only what you like, why comment if it doesn't even affect you.
How do you figure it doesn't affect me? You have no idea what apps are installed on my phone.

No amount of waaaa I can't use CC now so I'm leaving will change the fact it's became a cruddy non viable add-on. Get used to it, or vote with your feet and leave.

Shaun

Founder
Please give it a rest - this is the support forum - we all use and access CC differently so let's just allow people to express themselves however they wish based on how they feel the change will impact them.

Thanks,
Shaun :thumbsup:

djb1971

Legendary Member
Maybe Shaun should get rid of current affairs and arguments instead of tapa, I think that'll be much easier for him ;)

Kies

For me the formais pulling is not the only reason I use Tapatalk it does a lot more that just the formatting of a bit of text.

Of course it does,but having seen Shaun's explanation of why he is pulling the plug on tapatalk, I have 2 choices. Use an alternative or post less. Certainly more important things to worry about than forum access from a mobile device : peace

Last edited:

potsy

Rambler
I fully understand Shaun's reasons for doing this and know he has the forum's best interests at heart, up until a few weeks ago I was praising the new mobile site and was blissfully unaware of Tapatalk anyway.

I'm sure the problems with the editor will be sorted soon and I can get back to mithering everyone as much as usual :thumbsup:

trampyjoe

Nooooooooooo I just reinstalled tapatalk on my mobile!!!! lol

Oh well, I can see the reasoning behind it and will have to give the mobile site a try (though I'm not holding out much hope as my mobile internet speed was one of the reasons I got tapatalk).

Plax

Guru
I use Tapatalk so bit of a shame it's getting the heave ho, but at the end of the day it's Shaun's site and I can understand his rationale. Having said that I'm typing this on my phone browser and it's a PITA. Trying to log on was a mare as I kept hitting the "entertainment" link as the log in bit is far too close. Not a fan. I have a Galaxy S3 so it's not a small phone either!

winjim

Smash the cistern
I use tapatalk, but if what Shaun has said about it is true then I don't think I want to any more anyway, and I fully support a move away from it. Adverts are one thing, but adverts masquerading as forum posts are quite another. The recent tapatalk update was a PITA anyway.

OP
OP
phil_hg_uk

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
@Shaun I have just received this email back from Tapatalk:

Hi Phil

In our conversation with Forum Owners, we have said that we are testing displaying ads/receiving revenue from Tapatalk . We can turn off the advertising, and advertising will remain turned off unless the Forum Owner makes a request to turn ads back on.

If you have the admin from that forum contact me, I can turn off advertising in the forum. I just need the name of the forum.

Thanks for your email, and I hope we can resolve this issue.

Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom