TdeF 2015

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User169

A flat grand depart then if it's in Holland!!

If it's windy, stage 2 could be good. Unfortunately though, most of the "excitement" in Dutch road racing is provided by the road furniture.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I was touring through that bit of N France last year. I really wanted to go via Livarot, for the cheese, but various other considerations meant that I took the route elsewhere. Monsieur Prudhomme is obviously made of sterner stuff than me when it comes to cheese.

Doc333

Knight Of The Realm & All Around Good Guy
One thing that is bound to be a bit controversial on here is any talk about Froome. Yes at least 50% on here love him and want his babies, but not me. DB should have been able to see right through this bloke in 2012, and lets be frank here, SKY are nowhere these days because of it, and the only success has really been G. Froome had a huge part in the decline of Brad and got rid of his mojo, and it also blew away the fantastic team spirit of Sky, because it changed to team Chris and fook the rest. Sorry folks but we're all entitled to an opinion, and now we won't see a competitive Sky next year

RobNewcastle

One thing that is bound to be a bit controversial on here is any talk about Froome. Yes at least 50% on here love him and want his babies, but not me. DB should have been able to see right through this bloke in 2012, and lets be frank here, SKY are nowhere these days because of it, and the only success has really been G. Froome had a huge part in the decline of Brad and got rid of his mojo, and it also blew away the fantastic team spirit of Sky, because it changed to team Chris and fook the rest. Sorry folks but we're all entitled to an opinion, and now we won't see a competitive Sky next year

And the other 50% adores Wiggins to the detriment of sensible balanced posts, lol. I like both riders to but to say that Froome had a huge part in Wiggins decline is rubbish. Froome could and possibly should've won the 2011 Vuelta, he was stronger and there's an argument to say he was close to winning the tour in 2012. If anyone has been hampered by the other it's a Froome by Wiggins. Wiggins is a great rider, he rode a brilliant tour on a route which suited him but it's no wonder Froome has been chosen to lead the team. He's a brilliant climber and can TT, it's natural selection, simple as. Sky has lost it's way a bit the last couple of seasons but considering what they've achieved winning two tours coming from nowhere, it's difficult to over criticise them really.

zimzum42

Legendary Member
Pretty transparent attempt by the Frogs to get a French winner after this year's podium. Just a shame that it won't happen for them (I say shame, but it's a joy...)

My money's on Bertie, don't reckon Nibali will manage two...
Might be worth a punt on Majka if the odds are good...

zimzum42

Legendary Member
Sky have not lost their way, the other have just caught up.

Back to the op

Nothing in the middle of France?
Correct, there is nothing in the middle of France, not worth going there...

rich p

ridiculous old lush
This section seems to be attracting trolls or trollish posts lately. Discussion and disagreement are fine and dandy but pathetic points scoring we can do without.
Keep it to P&L eh?

albion

Guru
Froomes comments do suggest that it is Wiggos turn.

Froome failed so if Wiggo does take part and win. then only a retirement gets Froome back as tour leader.

zimzum42

Legendary Member
Froomes comments do suggest that it is Wiggos turn.

Froome failed so if Wiggo does take part and win. then only a retirement gets Froome back as tour leader.
But it's even less of a Wiggo course than it is a Froome course, so I don't reckon that makes sense. I reckon all the Brits will have to aim for is some Cav stage wins...

Top Bottom