TdeF 2015

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

albion

Guru
But it's even less of a Wiggo course than it is a Froome course..
I'm not sure Froome has a course. I'd like to see a Brit win and only Wiggo will know if he can.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Bit Brad has said he definitely isn't doing any more GTs. And we know he never changes his mind or announces bizarre conflicting plans. So Wiggo it is (unless he's doing BMX or something next year).

Anyway, enough of this Froome v Wiggo nonsense. What about the cheese?

NorvernRob

I'm not sure Froome has a course. I'd like to see a Brit win and only Wiggo will know if he can.

One short ITT and loads of mountains - Wiggins has absolutely zero chance of winning that tour unless at least half a dozen others all get ill or fall off. Froome has a good chance of winning it but it's not ideal. The Giro is better for him with a long TT, and the possibility to do a Giro/Vuelta double and become one of the few to win all 3 GT's must be tempting.

I still can't see him skipping the Tour, but you never know.

Berk on a Bike

Veteran
Might be worth a punt on Majka if the odds are good...
50/1 is best price at the moment. Bung the housekeeping on it.

So if Froome skips the TdF because it is too hard not his kind of route then who do Team Sky have as a GC contender ? Or will they be going for individual stage wins a la OPQS ?

rich p

ridiculous old lush
So if Froome skips the TdF because it is too hard not his kind of route then who do Team Sky have as a GC contender ? Or will they be going for individual stage wins a la OPQS ?
Exactly. Nobody with a realistic chance unless Porte or Henau step up a notch or two. I can't see Froome missing the Tour for a reserve team race like the Giro. (tongue in cheek)
The sponsors will surely want Froome at the biggest televised race of the year.

U

User169

Exactly. Nobody with a realistic chance unless Porte or Henau step up a notch or two. I can't see Froome missing the Tour for a reserve team race like the Giro. (tongue in cheek)
The sponsors will surely want Froome at the biggest televised race of the year.

He's just keeping Bertie et al. on their toes! I'd be amazed if he isn't in Utrecht.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Maybe this is just another not terribly meaningful press statement that can't be taken too seriously. Maybe it represents the Sky management using Froome to shake its fist at Prudhomme. "Grrr! If you set a parcours that doesn't suit our main rider, we won't come, so there!".

As @rich p says, I can't imagine Sky (the sponsors, not the team) want to be paying £££ for a team to pull its star (ahem ... sorry, its co-star :whistle: ) rider out from the annual premier event that has by far the biggest coverage and public interest.

Top Bottom