Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bob01

Regular
:welcome:
I think you're the first KICKR user in the group. If I correctly understand what I've read, you use KICKR hardware with the BKOOL software. At least there's no chance of wearing out your rear tyre, or getting a puncture as @burndust seems to have managed:laugh:.
Let us know how you get on with it.

Thanks! Will do.

It all just works - no problems (dropouts, crashes or frozen video etc) so far.
First time on a trainer - seems like more effort required than riding outdoors - this thing makes me SWEAT :smile:
About 80km with a mix of 3D and video sessions so far - BKOOL is getting the job done and has been enjoyable.

Looking forward to putting a lot of time in this winter.

Cheers.
BTW - found this mini wireless (BT) keyboard at the local computer store - installed a quarter turn mount - works great with my mac + BKOOL :smile:.

Attachments

• IMG_0177.JPG
    IMG_0177.JPG
    73 KB · Views: 57

bowtomephil

Cool Keyboard.

I use a Galaxy Tab and the below(not my bike)

Attachments

• tacx.JPG
    tacx.JPG
    42.4 KB · Views: 46

How is everyone doing intervals on this trainer since the new update? Are you using the velodrome? Are you doing this using "Create a route" (manually) and just adding in your intervals as time specified units? also it shows the velodrome as 2D but I can see 3D versions in google images etc (I've yet to try it). I love the trainer I really do think its awesome but I'm disappointed with how long its taking to convert routes ridden into 3D, I even emailed them about this and they said it was automatic, well I've had a route uploaded for a month and its still MAP only.

...and one more thing I don't like the search function now, previously you could search based on minimum ascent (so you could narrow down all of the big mountain routes and slowly increase your simulated climbing ability in terms of actual altitude / distance) whereas now that ability has been completely removed from what I can see.

bowtomephil

The velodrome is in 3d all the time, you can switch to 2d.

They convert the uploaded files to 3d . Which is a pain as it does all uploaded even from people who don't use the simulator , so let's say there are 1000 simulator users and 10,000 app users, all will be converted to 3d. They should convert to 3d first anybody who has a trainer.

Or allow us to convert with our PC's.

I don't use intervals.

To Be honest the 3d conversions arent amazing, landslides on the road, suddenly going through cornfields.

Asa Post

Super Iconic Legend
How is everyone doing intervals on this trainer since the new update? Are you using the velodrome? Are you doing this using "Create a route" (manually) and just adding in your intervals as time specified units?
I still do it like I did before the update. Velodrome - especially for short intervals, or create a ride with a fixed degree of slope - for long intervals.

...and one more thing I don't like the search function now, previously you could search based on minimum ascent (so you could narrow down all of the big mountain routes and slowly increase your simulated climbing ability in terms of actual altitude / distance) whereas now that ability has been completely removed from what I can see.
Agreed. I miss it as well. Luckily, some months ago I created a database listing all the videos then available, with distance, altitude gain, average slope, average and maximum ascent all included. It's useful (especially for avoiding rides with sections too steep to suit my condition on the day), but becoming less so as new videos are added, not that I'm complaining about that.

Asa Post

Super Iconic Legend
Hi all. I've been lurking out her for the past week or so researching my winter riding gear. I live in New England (US) and am preparing for another long winter.

I have to say that this thread is the longest running and most informative piece for the BKool. So much so that I have read the whole thread.
:eek::eek:
You poor devil. Your head must be reeling.

I'm torn between a BKool trainer (holding out for the new black edition due here in a few weeks) or the Wahoo Kickr (which was just posted above me).
How do the prices compare over there? In the UK, the Kickr is 250% of the BKool price.

I am going to keep abreast of this thread and promise not to hijack it. I am even more interested in the kickr with the BKool software approach.
Let us know what you choose, and why. It may help others who are trying to make a similar decision.
And I wouldn't say that talking about a Kickr is a hijack if you also use the BKool software. You could have lots of useful insights to share.

bowtomephil

I am in the UK and it was cheaper to order the BKOOL from their official website and get it delivered from Spain. After conversion, it works out at £280, bargain

burndust

Parts unknown...baby
OTE="Asa Post, post: 3288327, member: 17803"]:welcome:
I think you're the first KICKR user in the group. If I correctly understand what I've read, you use KICKR hardware with the BKOOL software. At least there's no chance of wearing out your rear tyre, or getting a puncture as @burndust seems to have managed:laugh:.
Let us know how you get on with it.[/QUOTE]
Quite like the look of the kickr actually a bit pricey though

I still do it like I did before the update. Velodrome - especially for short intervals, or create a ride with a fixed degree of slope - for long intervals.

Agreed. I miss it as well. Luckily, some months ago I created a database listing all the videos then available, with distance, altitude gain, average slope, average and maximum ascent all included. It's useful (especially for avoiding rides with sections too steep to suit my condition on the day), but becoming less so as new videos are added, not that I'm complaining about that.
Thanks - I will go for the velodrome then, is it in 3D for you now?

I think I'm going to email BKOOL about the search issue as it surely is something simple to resolve.

:eek::eek:
How do the prices compare over there? In the UK, the Kickr is 250% of the BKool price.

The Kickr is $1099 or $1199 for the new "11 speed cassette option" (which doesn't make any sense to me, I need an 11 speed but I'd rather pay 1099 plus $55 for an Ultegra 11 speed cassette and keep the stock 10 speed for another bike).

The white Bkool is $499 and the new updated Black model will sell for $650. I am more interested in the newer black model.

I cannot find any Kickr to demo at all. My LBS not only demos the Bkool, but they have a Bkool night coming up in the middle of October complete with a Bkool rep to demo and answer any and all questions. I know that if I run into problems with the Bkool, I will get outstanding support.

theedge

I ordered a bkool trainer from bkool last saturday, the white ones seems cheaper new from them than some that go for sale used. Not received it yet, hoping it comes for tomorrow, they don't give you any shipping info so I can't track it. Ordered so that I can use it whilst the weather is poor and keep up the mileage... This seems to be the most active thread on the net on the bkool..

Uploaded a number of rides I have done over the summer (including Devon Coast to Coast) and hope they will be converted to 3d..

Top Bottom