Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theedge

I have been trying to create Video Routes with the editor, upload from a mac seems to hang at 0% of uploading video. On a pc it gets to 100% and just sits there.

Any suggestions?

bowtomephil

333 Can you post a link to your effort?

Asa Post

Super Iconic Legend
I have been trying to create Video Routes with the editor, upload from a mac seems to hang at 0% of uploading video. On a pc it gets to 100% and just sits there.

Any suggestions?
I've not tried with a Mac. With a Windows PC it can be a bit hit and miss, but usually gets there eventually.
I'd try contacting BKool if the problem keeps happening.

theedge

I've not tried with a Mac. With a Windows PC it can be a bit hit and miss, but usually gets there eventually.
I'd try contacting BKool if the problem keeps happening.
Thanks.. dropped them a note this morning.. tried the PC now and that gets to 100% and just sits there (although it gets to 100% of upload far more quickly than I would expect for a 3gb file).

bowtomephil

They have a limit of 2.5gb per video file, not sure if that's what is stopping it. They told me in an email the limit.

bowtomephil

Some things I think they need (software wise) to improve on / Add.

1: The ability to make our own videos and load and stream from our own device.
2: The ability if where you are you have no internet for whatever reason to be able to take a GPX of your own device and use it.
3: The ability to render your own GPX into 3d and then upload as opposed to waiting for them.
4: Better stats online.
5: Virtual segments.
6: Correct bugs on the website. I created a 15 minute velodrome session, online it said some weird numbers, then only ran for 13 minutes.
7: Maybe voice alerts, eg, in 100 metres you are starting a 1km climb of 5% (just in case you can't see your device for whatever reason, maybe using a phone in your pocket)

I am sure there are more. Going to post this on their facebook account.

Snaily

It's been a while since I posted on here having returned my BKOOL in May after it failed to adjust resistance in March/April and after only 300 odd miles since it's purchase in December 2013.

Would like to hear off the original members of the group how they are getting on with theirs and if they have any issues? Thinking of getting another trainer, I was when I posted back in June but never got round to it, and the Bkool has dropped a fair bit in price now but it's a case of once bitten twice shy. Is the Bkool using open ant+ yet?

Cheers

theedge

Well got it uploaded from the MAC (I haven't seen it appear yet as it is 48hrs + review).

Got a mail back files need to be 720p 30fps under 2.5gb. So I put my files through handbrake, fps set to NTSC 29.97, Video was already set 720p and I set but rate 7000 kpbs. I ended up with 2.1gb file for a 45 minute ride. They need to put this is the FAQ, would have saved me loads of time.

Hopefully if this works I will upload some more UK rides.

burndust

Parts unknown...baby
Mines is still going strong @ snaily about 1000 miles now.....having said that I've always had the judder issue with mine that others have had there's a new model out which is supposed to be better....I've just ordered a wahoo kickr as I like the idea of a direct drive system....will still be using the bkool software and other software for my rides

Last edited:

burndust

Parts unknown...baby
Well got it uploaded from the MAC (I haven't seen it appear yet as it is 48hrs + review).

Got a mail back files need to be 720p 30fps under 2.5gb. So I put my files through handbrake, fps set to NTSC 29.97, Video was already set 720p and I set but rate 7000 kpbs. I ended up with 2.1gb file for a 45 minute ride. They need to put this is the FAQ, would have saved me loads of time.

Hopefully if this works I will upload some more UK rides.
Got a link to your ride?

bowtomephil

It uses my ant+ HRM so I guess it is open ant+ now.

I did a 45 mins ride and couldnt get it lower than 4.7gb at 720p. Maybe I will look at handbrake?

theedge

It uses my ant+ HRM so I guess it is open ant+ now.

I did a 45 mins ride and couldnt get it lower than 4.7gb at 720p. Maybe I will look at handbrake?

I experimented with bit rate. Most videos are quite a bit higher but to get the file size down I used 7000kbit/s I reckon for longer rides it'll need 6000Kbit's. My footage was shot in 720p 60fps so going to the 30fps helped to.

This is my settings

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-10-02 at 8.20.17 am.png
    Screen Shot 2014-10-02 at 8.20.17 am.png
    36.8 KB · Views: 98

bowtomephil

Thanks, will give that a go, although mine isn't clean, you can see my garmin, to be honest, makes it look more realistic. I will submit it if I can shrink it and see.

Top Bottom