Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Yes the 3D conversion rate is painfully slow.

I don't suppose anyone can link me up with some 3D or Video based climbs on BKOOL that are over 2000m (of total climbing in one ascent not multiple), I can view the GB league of "climbers and big climbs" but I can't search for the actual mountains to challenge them or for my training for Mt Teide.

burndust

Parts unknown...baby
I just pre ordered a wahoo kickr from wiggle even with the discount still expensive but still cheaper than a WATT bike...

burndust

Parts unknown...baby
Last edited:

Asa Post

Super Iconic Legend
I don't suppose anyone can link me up with some 3D or Video based climbs on BKOOL that are over 2000m (of total climbing in one ascent not multiple), I can view the GB league of "climbers and big climbs" but I can't search for the actual mountains to challenge them or for my training for Mt Teide.
I don't think that there are any video climbs with 2000m of ascent. The biggest I know of is Col du Mollard-Croix de Fer at 1931m. There are only 21 climbs of 1000m or more.

I am a crap climber, I mean real bad and did the following on my BKOOL last night, I nearly had a heart attack, this killed me so you can look at this. Probably not a climb you may be looking for but I wont be doing it again in a hurry

http://www.bkool.com/bkoolSessionHistory/showSessionSummary/771866

Sorry not 3d or video though
I wouldn't worry about ability as I'm just starting out again too, that's a good effort!

Thanks ASA, I'm really struggling to find some but mainly because the search engine is now so poor - I can find plenty in 2D (including Mt Teide itself), none of my routes are in 3D yet which is a pain.

bowtomephil

I don't worry at all, I have ridden 2100 miles this year outside so far. I tend to avoid hills if I can : ) In the garage I can push myself as if I am tired I get off and have a cup of tea : )

Glovepup

Regular
I'm currently looking into getting myself a winter trainer, got my fitness to a reasonable level over the summer evenings but now I need something for the dark evenings. Been looking at the Bkool trainers and I'm interested in the pro version though most retailers seem to only sell the older version?

Can anyone tell me when ordering direct from Bkool do you get any accessories with the trainer? It's not clear on their website unless i have missed something?

Thanks in advance.

bowtomephil

Local retailers are trying to get rid of old stock before they receive the new.

Ordering direct, you get the ANT+ device to plug into a phone or PC (need an OTG cable if using it with a phone) Some phones like the S5 have ant+ built in.

You also get the cadence sensor.

Plus you can pay 1 euro and if you don't like it you can send it back to Spain free of charge, after 30 days you have to pay if you keep it.

Regarding the Kickrs, they send out mailings (if you are registered) from time to time announcing remanufactured units for $900 complete with the same warranty as new. They go very fast (I missed my chance on Friday).

I don't know how far they ship, but since there has been some Kickr interest out here, I thought I'd share this tidbit.

Glovepup

Regular
Local retailers are trying to get rid of old stock before they receive the new.

Ordering direct, you get the ANT+ device to plug into a phone or PC (need an OTG cable if using it with a phone) Some phones like the S5 have ant+ built in.

You also get the cadence sensor.

Plus you can pay 1 euro and if you don't like it you can send it back to Spain free of charge, after 30 days you have to pay if you keep it.

Thank you very much for the information.

I've just finished (1 hour ago) Mont Ventoux (Bédoin Video route)), words evade me on how to describe it on the BKOOL, you just have to do it to understand. Its literally other worldly in suffering!

I don't suppose anyone has done both the BKOOL video (from Bédoin) and the real thing? is it really that tough? maybe its harder with the altitude.

Any recommendations on what to do next from that climb?

burndust

Parts unknown...baby
I've just finished (1 hour ago) Mont Ventoux (Bédoin Video route)), words evade me on how to describe it on the BKOOL, you just have to do it to understand. Its literally other worldly in suffering!

I don't suppose anyone has done both the BKOOL video (from Bédoin) and the real thing? is it really that tough? maybe its harder with the altitude.

Any recommendations on what to do next from that climb?
Awsome effort!!...I've not even contemplate d doing it

Top Bottom