Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Asa Post

Super Iconic Legend
It's been a while since I posted on here having returned my BKOOL in May after it failed to adjust resistance in March/April and after only 300 odd miles since it's purchase in December 2013.

Would like to hear off the original members of the group how they are getting on with theirs and if they have any issues? Thinking of getting another trainer, I was when I posted back in June but never got round to it, and the Bkool has dropped a fair bit in price now but it's a case of once bitten twice shy. Is the Bkool using open ant+ yet?

Cheers
Never had any problems with my unit. Maybe I was just lucky to get a good one, or you were unlucky to get a bad one.
It's always used open ant+, hasn't it?

Asa Post

Super Iconic Legend
Well got it uploaded from the MAC (I haven't seen it appear yet as it is 48hrs + review).

Got a mail back files need to be 720p 30fps under 2.5gb. So I put my files through handbrake, fps set to NTSC 29.97, Video was already set 720p and I set but rate 7000 kpbs. I ended up with 2.1gb file for a 45 minute ride. They need to put this is the FAQ, would have saved me loads of time.

Hopefully if this works I will upload some more UK rides.
Oooh... I didn't know about Handbrake.
I'm still struggling to get my 60 minute ride into acceptable format. On the next bad-weather day, I'll use your settings and have a play :thumbsup:

kipster

Guru
is anyone else getting joined by other riders on their in progress sessions? I did two sessions this evening, had one join me on a velodrome session (he started when I was 10 laps in) and lapped me a couple of times, mind you I was grateful for the drafting opportunity ;-), then on the second session (Richmond Park lap) another guy joined in and then went again when he was two and half minutes behind me (just over a minute in when he joined).

berty bassett

Legendary Member
sorry to butt in here but wondered if anyone could help - i have just got bkool and semi set it up - went to try it and i had everything up and working bar the cadence thing . the ant+ must be working as it shows heart rate but nothing on cadence and for the life of me i cant find the pair section . i have changed battery for a new one and the lines match up and are about 1 mm apart , when i go on web site it shows a lovely page where you can pair all devices but i just cant find it being a dim wit - would anyone be able to write a few lines in idiot proof instructions please

burndust

Parts unknown...baby
Just took delivery of my wahoo kickr...its picked up on bsim etc....yet to try it out chain on the bike needs a good clean first...first impressions its not as flimsy as the bkool and weighs a ton!...so should be sturdy...although its adjustable to accommodate different bike sizes I personally found this a bit of a faff to adjust

Top Bottom