Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

berty bassett

Legendary Member
@berty bassett once you have logged into the app, click into settings at the top of the screen, the options for pairing are in there.
i found that and it says auto or manual - so as it hasnt found it auto i tried maual but got nowhere . on the websites theres a lovely looking page that you can see all devices and click pair but i cant find that page - am i dim ?

ziggys101

Über Member
Looking forward to using it ordered last Friday just been told there will be a 2 week delay in delivery :-(

burndust

Parts unknown...baby
i found that and it says auto or manual - so as it hasnt found it auto i tried maual but got nowhere . on the websites theres a lovely looking page that you can see all devices and click pair but i cant find that page - am i dim ?
I take It your using the latest version of bsim? When your in manual mode you should have 3 boxes for trainer heart rate and speed/cadence a little green light flashes on and off to show they've been conected...

berty bassett

Legendary Member
I take It your using the latest version of bsim? When your in manual mode you should have 3 boxes for trainer heart rate and speed/cadence a little green light flashes on and off to show they've been conected...
thanks for that - i will try tonight to see if i have any joy

bowtomephil

Anybody know how to trim parts out. First time you can trim, but I stopped again at a junction and need to trim that out also. But it won't allow me to.

Handbrake worked well down to 1.5gb now

Asa Post

Super Iconic Legend
Anybody know how to trim parts out. First time you can trim, but I stopped again at a junction and need to trim that out also. But it won't allow me to.

I don't use the Bkool editor to *edit* the video. I can't understand how it works and the help file doesn't offer much help, so I do it elsewhere. The Bkool software is for final adjustments after the video is fettled into a publishable form.

Depending on my mood :blush: I use VSDC, or Windows Live Movie Maker. I find each has good functions (in other words, I can make it do what I want) and bad ones (it doesn't work for me). For files to be used on Bkool, VSDC will export as mov or flv, though I always use mov. The Movie Maker that is part of Windows Essentials 2012 will export as mp4, but earlier versions will not.
[I find Videopad fairly easy to use, but the free version won't export files in any format that BKool accepts, so they have to be exported and then converted. I use it as a last resort, but it annoys me to have to waste time doing the conversion.]

My way of preparing a video is: crop the movie, trim it, make any other changes that seem appropriate, save it. Use Handbrake if necessary to reduce the file size (thanks to @theedge for the tip). Load it into the BKool editor, link a gpx file and choose some points along the route to synchronise video with position. Go through the entire video setting the slope (I don't trust the Garmin data enough to use it - it annoys me to have a section that is clearly downhill when the slope says it's uphill.) Upload.

It sounds so easy when I type it like that :laugh:

theedge

I have had success with the bkool editor... You can trim multiple parts.. for multiple stops, the first point is the start of the cut out second point is the end and a third is the start of the next cut out etc.. I also noticed that its best to do the trimming after loading the gpx file as it seems to keep the sync better..

My workflow is;
Ride the route :smile:
Take the file off the camera and into handbrake to compress and sort the format out.
into bkool, trim it
then in the next part of bkool ensure the ride is in sync with the gpx (i use junctions to do this easily)
upload

burndust

Parts unknown...baby
Todays effort....this is brutal! Cat 2,3 & 4 climbs :thumbsup:

http://www.bkool.com/bkoolSessionHistory/showSessionSummary/779431

Last edited:

theedge

I haven't used the trainer much as yet, weather has been surprisingly good so I have been out on the bike. Anyways when I am on the trainer it seems to go from very easy, to very hard even with the smallest bit of climbing. So I really just going between either ends of my gear range and not using much in between. I was expecting it to be a bit more gradual. Is this normal? Am I doing something wrong?

burndust

Parts unknown...baby
I haven't used the trainer much as yet, weather has been surprisingly good so I have been out on the bike. Anyways when I am on the trainer it seems to go from very easy, to very hard even with the smallest bit of climbing. So I really just going between either ends of my gear range and not using much in between. I was expecting it to be a bit more gradual. Is this normal? Am I doing something wrong?
Hmm I find It quite gradual...and use the full range of gears

Jonah2940

What session does everyone use for an predetermined interval session?
I was thinking of creating an hours session at 1.5% gradient?

theedge

There was a new firmware upgrade , how old is your Bkool theedge

Also I find it gradual.. I use all gears.

About 2 weeks... but not sure what firmware its got... I am not too bad at climbing hills either and it just seems really hard as soon as get any gradient even 2.5%.. Think I am going to give it a proper run during this wet weather thats coming over..

bowtomephil

Should have the latest firmware if bought from Bkool.com else may not have if bought in the UK (old stock)

If anybody wants to add me as a friend, search for Philip McShane

Top Bottom