Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bowtomephil

PhotoBiker, I found out this week that mapmyride does the same, I created 8 stages and made a league, then found all of them flat.

Do you use a garmin device? Because the gpx file on them is fine to upload as a route.

burndust

Parts unknown...baby
Not impressed with the update to bsim this mornin killed my laptop...my speed milage etc all over the place....not a happy camper grrrr

bowtomephil

I am going to compile a list of bugs. Thing is, I email them the bugs/feature improvements and they just says that doesn't work.

So I found a thread related to Strava not exporting the elevation data (this is technically a Strava limitation) and someone posted this workaround (which I beleive would work with MMR too):
Create route in strava
Export as a gpx or tcx
Import gpx into Ridewithgps.com
Export again as you favoured type

I've not yet tried it (I don't think I can see the elevation profile without a BKool device)

Hi all

New to the forum, but had bkool trainer for a couple of months.

When its working its a great way to train on the turbo and if anything I have to hold myself back from overdoing it, rather than dragging myself onto the turbo.

But and its a big but - there have been constant issues and the latest BSIM update has totally screwed any ride with a slope as the power/Slope/speed are lagging behind the screen view. I can now only ride flat/velo courses

Bkool please get a grip regards your updates and test before you distribute. I have learnt my lesson and will not auto update the next time to allow other guinea pigs to find all the bugs. I would back out to the previous version, but had to delete it as the auto install would not work either.

AAARRRHHHH

Asa Post

Super Iconic Legend
So I found a thread related to Strava not exporting the elevation data (this is technically a Strava limitation) and someone posted this workaround (which I beleive would work with MMR too):
Create route in strava
Export as a gpx or tcx
Import gpx into Ridewithgps.com
Export again as you favoured type

I've not yet tried it (I don't think I can see the elevation profile without a BKool device)
It should work, as it will pick up the elevations from the Ridewithgps software.

There is also a way to do it from Strava:
There is an option to export from Strava as a tcx file. I've just tried it and then imported the route into Bkool (look for "Derwent Valley") and the elevation data is there.
"I haven't seen a button for tcx export in Strava", you're thinking, and that's because there isn't one. The way to do it is to get the activity page on screen, so the address is "http://app.strava.com/activities/xxxxxxxxxx" and type "/export_tcx" (without the quote marks) after it. The download process will then start automatically.

bob01

Regular
Exactly what it was. Reduced to 1.6G and it uploaded successfully.
Thanks All.

Hmmm, how long does it usually take for routes created / uploaded with the video editor to appear?

Mine uploaded last Friday - no feedback since.
Upload seemed successful from the video editor, but no confirmation e-mail etc from bkool.
Wondering if something went wrong.
Cheers.

Asa Post

Super Iconic Legend
Hmmm, how long does it usually take for routes created / uploaded with the video editor to appear?

Mine uploaded last Friday - no feedback since.
Upload seemed successful from the video editor, but no confirmation e-mail etc from bkool.
Wondering if something went wrong.
Cheers.
The slowest response I've had is 3 or 4 days. As more people start using the site, I suppose things may slow down.
You could always email them and ask if they received the file.

bowtomephil

Photo you can see elevation. Upload it, choose sessions filter to you only. Then choose the upload, click setup and look on the splits or targets tab, the elevation is at the very bottom, if blue and coloured in, it is there.

Just checked mine stage 12 and elevation is there from map my ride, but stage 1 is flat, weird

Hi all

New to the forum, but had bkool trainer for a couple of months.

When its working its a great way to train on the turbo and if anything I have to hold myself back from overdoing it, rather than dragging myself onto the turbo.

But and its a big but - there have been constant issues and the latest BSIM update has totally screwed any ride with a slope as the power/Slope/speed are lagging behind the screen view. I can now only ride flat/velo courses

Bkool please get a grip regards your updates and test before you distribute. I have learnt my lesson and will not auto update the next time to allow other guinea pigs to find all the bugs. I would back out to the previous version, but had to delete it as the auto install would not work either.

AAARRRHHHH

Anyone else seeing the issue following software update?

burndust

Parts unknown...baby
Yes...my readings were all over the place this morning...and my cpu is running at max since the update which is causing the program to lag hence the readings

burndust

Parts unknown...baby
I've just sent them an email and tweeted them...pointing them here as well

Last edited:

burndust

Parts unknown...baby
The new features look cool....just been watching someone rip up the tisington trail ride...that was until my galaxy s3 started to get really hot ...bkool seriously need to look at their software..its hardly cod ffs

Top Bottom