Tests to find your genetic makeup/heritage. Are the sellers/testers genuine, or will they just tell you anything to get money off you?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I said upthread that there is something unusual about me (who knew? 😆) and we have a largely unknown part of the family on my Mum's side in Leicestershire.
I have only ever seen a reference to some of them living in Rhodesia (Zimbabwe), so... Who knows? 🤷

Last edited:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
All they really measure is how much dna you share with people in other parts of the world who have also taken a test. So, some general pointers are there, but it's not an accurate guide to where your ancestors came from. 👍

Once a Wheeler

…always a wheeler
Since we share 98.8% of our genes with chimpanzees the genetic differences between human individuals are irrelevant except in those cases where they confer a disability.

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller

robrinay

Once you’ve had it tested on say Ancestry.co.uk you can upload the file to any or all of the various sites. The results I got back from two sites were broadly similar but one of the two (My heritage) brought up finer detail and more areas of the World. Findmypast put me down as 100% Great Britain and Ireland but of course the Irish and British are a mix of Celts Angles Saxons Romans Scandinavian etc. so I wasn’t impressed with the lack of fine tuning shown in the other two - Ancestry and MyHeritage.

Top Bottom