The Beatles - Eight Days A Week. Will you go to see it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It's hard to appreciate the impact they had on my generation.
Was that not a different band what sang that?

Venod

Eh up
I won't be going to see it but when it hits the TV I will watch it, was never a big fan at the time but I quite like some of their stuff, we went to Liverpool for the weekend a few years back and did The Beatles Tour of houses and famous places from songs, I didn't organize it and wasn't sure if it would be my cup of tea, it turned out to be very good.
It was the same weekend that one of the Yellow amphibian craft sunk in the dock.
We have just been back for another weekend, no Beatles trips but a pint in the Grapes (bit of a dive) and a pint in the White Star (excellent) pubs that both claim a Beatle connection.
A visit to the toilets in the Philharmonic Pub and a walk among Anthony Gormleys statues in the rain were the highlights of the weekend.

I won't be going to see it but when it hits the TV I will watch it, was never a big fan at the time but I quite like some of their stuff, we went to Liverpool for the weekend a few years back and did The Beatles Tour of houses and famous places from songs, I didn't organize it and wasn't sure if it would be my cup of tea, it turned out to be very good.
It was the same weekend that one of the Yellow amphibian craft sunk in the dock.
We have just been back for another weekend, no Beatles trips but a pint in the Grapes (bit of a dive) and a pint in the White Star (excellent) pubs that both claim a Beatle connection.
A visit to the toilets in the Philharmonic Pub and a walk among Anthony Gormleys statues in the rain were the highlights of the weekend.

Liverpudlians hate people like you
:laugh:

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
The Beatles were indirectly responsible for part of my early sex education. As a 10-year-old, round about the time of She Loves You, I bought an early copy of Fabulous (later Fab 208) cos it had a booklet of Beatles lyrics and I recall being fascinated by all the ads for feminine hygiene products :smile:

r04DiE

300km a week through London on a road bike.
Yep, like most others - I just can't be bothered. I mean, how long do we keep having to hold them up like some sort of bunch of Demi Gods? I like a few of their tracks but I can't see the big deal overall.

Also, I just can't bear to think of McCartney hoovering up even more money from it, like he needs it!

rich p

ridiculous old lush
There are plenty of people of all different generations that are fans of The Beatles.

I will be going to see the film in a few weeks.
No doubt, but it's not 'being a fan' that I was referring to.
The point is that for my, and even more for my older sister's contemporaries, the impact was immense whether you were a fan or not.

Top Bottom