The Cycle Show Series 4

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
I enjoyed it, I have enjoyed this one much more than previous series. I also quite like Anna Glowinski, as she seems enthusiastic and was wearing a Sigma Sport top and rides for Mule Bar, and they are all enthusiastic aboiut cycling, worth a like if you do the facebook thing https://www.facebook.com/pages/Team-Mule-Bar-Girl/389805442416

I thought the product placement for Giant a bit over the top and using a bike shop in Crystal Palace a bit stranger, but better than the Café one.

The last programme's interview with Marianne Vos was good, with some lovely film of her very early cycling career.
Agreed!!

I was quite taken with last nights climb; Trooper Lane, at Halifax, as I've run (well ended up walking....) up it

We went from the very bottom to the top, then over onto Beacon Hill, & down the (wonderful) Magna Via (aka Dark Lane)
I can tell you, it probably hurts more trying to run up it, even if it's only about half-way round a 10 mile race

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I don't know if I missed something but what were those three blokes doing going up and down that mountain?

and why is there only four programmes this series?

OP
OP
mjr

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
and why is there only four programmes this series?
Schedule doping: the majority of the series has backed up to the TdF highlights so viewing figures will seem higher and maybe they can get higher ad or sponsor prices for the next series... or something.

However, it's not in the top ten shows on itv4 at http://www.barb.co.uk/whats-new/weekly-top-10 - old Bond films occupy the non-TdF spots, so the Cycle Show is getting less than 311'000 viewers. (TdF highlights got 493'000 to 702'000 viewers)

Maybe mine is a minority view. Let's see what the viewing figures are. I've only found up to 5 July so far and it appeared after that. It'll be interesting to see if figures drop when it's not following the TDF.
So we're not going to get the chance of that because the series ends with the TDF.

Last edited:

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Yesterday's started duller than a dull thing in a beige cardie talking about its favourite plain oatmeal biscuit selection. I gave up half way through at yet another talk on the sofa segment.

Hardly a rousing end to the series. IMHO.

OP
OP
mjr

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I've only watched a bit of the NCN 20th anniversary feature so far. It was a bit mixed but better than most of the reports. The presenter was on a road bike, which doesn't seem the ideal choice for a rail trail but I've recently gotten a road bike again because it's lighter and easier to transport so I might well be trying that stretch (NCN24 Two Tunnels) on one too.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Agreed!!

I was quite taken with last nights climb; Trooper Lane, at Halifax, as I've run (well ended up walking....) up it

We went from the very bottom to the top, then over onto Beacon Hill, & down the (wonderful) Magna Via (aka Dark Lane)
I can tell you, it probably hurts more trying to run up it, even if it's only about half-way round a 10 mile race
It looked monstrous. I wouldn't like to try riding down it either.

Top Bottom