The Cycle Show Series 4

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KneesUp

Guru
I have it on series link. I watch the first bit to see what's in each show, and if it sounds interesting I watch it. I haven't watched any of this series.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
To me the climbing section was a little repetitive, just him climbing and saying 'ohh it is tough here' and 'this is 20%'. i thik the only way to make climbing interesting is to actually do it yourself - or have Didi the devil run alongside.

Devil201.jpg

Andrew_P

In between here and there
Great show and that final hill climb looked BRUTAL and he managed to talk while doing it!!!
I just assume that it is done over a few takes, I also think the same with the Chris Boardman ones... I could be wrong though!

I like the show, it isn't on my must view now list but whenever I am alone and in front of the TV I will catch up on it.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Some members of the old C+ forum with long memories may remember my thread "Macho Climbing Gears" which caused a lot of fuss at the time? I started it in response to a cyclist who said that he did hill repeats on Trooper Lane using a 39/23 bottom gear and then complained about his legs hurting! :laugh:

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Too mainstream??? I would rather it got out of the racing rut it seems to keep falling into. It has occasional sparks but they haven't caught light often. Maybe all the DK and NL cycling films on youtube have spoiled me but looking more closely at the cycling cultures of places Where there is mass or at least increasing cycling would be good... even the few UK hotspots.
I've given up on it. I thought it was going to be a cycling magazine programme, but it's fallen into the road race rut canyon and doesn't seem to focus on anything else:sad:.Boring...boring....
Funny thing is that about ten years ago, I suggested to a mate who works in TV that there should be some cycling show equivalent of Top Gear.

Some members of the old C+ forum with long memories may remember my thread "Macho Climbing Gears" which caused a lot of fuss at the time? I started it in response to a cyclist who said that he did hill repeats on Trooper Lane using a 39/23 bottom gear and then complained about his legs hurting! :laugh:
Surprised he's still got legs left

I've ran (up) it twice, in 2013, & 2014, & both times hurt!!!
The Magna Via (Dark Lane) was sweet relief, & beautiful medieval hollow-way

Top Bottom