The downside of being a vegan

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr Pig

Me neither. Unless you smother them in sauce they all taste like...nothing!

And it kinda makes you wonder, if vegetarians are so keen not to eat meat why do they still want their food to look and taste like it?

I haven't eaten meat or fish since Channel 4 broadcast The Animals film', when it kicked off circa 1982?
I like simple stuff and had a 'permafeast' each day when I painted a mural at a Jain Hindu house. Made the job last six weeks as the food at lunchtime was excellent! :smile:
All the chick pea stuff = lovely. I'm sure there has been the odd bit of animal rennet in cheese munchies, as well as isinglass in vin - just to clarify things...the wine, not what I'm saying...:blush: and a top choice is jacket potato with salt and pepper.(I don't often peddle SPuDs)
Oh -and don't forget Ronald Vegan - the ex-Precedent of the United States - he was a one for vegging out!

Mr Pig

Uncle Mort said:
You're just over-generalising again. I've never known a vegetarian who wanted that to be honest.

Well you know one now don't you? And who do you suppose buys all those vegi sausages and burgers the shops sell?

MessenJah

Rider
I never buy fake meat but I wish my chana saag and tarka dhal tasted like meat, for I miss the taste and texture of meat so much! Oh this vegetarianism is 'TORTURE', I tell thee!!! :smile:

Mr Pig

If you make bolognese with Quorn mince and let the sauce soak in for a day it works pretty well, tastes very like real mince. Adding a bit of extra red wine before cooking helps too.

MessenJah

Rider
Mr Pig said:
If you make bolognese with Quorn mince and let the sauce soak in for a day it works pretty well, tastes very like real mince. Adding a bit of extra red wine before cooking helps too.
Adding a bit of red wine helps in any application.
Aperitif said:
...and we could all benefit from Heinz sight.

FOCKINELL!!! :smile: worst pun ever.

Top Bottom