The downside of being a vegan

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

papercorn2000

Mr Pig said:
Maybe not Cornflakes though?

Heaven forfend! Always white wine with cereal!
(Unless you are from North Lanarkshire, in which case it's that peculiar brown coloured wine which they favour in those parts)

wafflycat

papercorn2000 said:
Heaven forfend! Always white wine with cereal!
(Unless you are from North Lanarkshire, in which case it's that peculiar brown coloured wine which they favour in those parts)

A nicely chilled pinot grigio with the cornflakes, is rather good. But, and I hate to admit it, but a chilled sauternes with the museli is my downfall :smile:

Danny

Legendary Member
Going back to the OP...I'm not vegan either, but do cook a lot of pulses. One way to cook them quicker is to soak them first. If you are organised it is best to do it overnight, but even pouring some boiling water over them an hour or two before cooking will soften them up.

If you use a pressure cooker, that will speed up cooking even more.

While I don't think I could ever be a complete vegan, I'm increasingly convinced that we should all be eating a lot less meat and dairy because of the impact that animal production has on the environment.

Vegan food needn't be boring either as you'll find it you try a restaurant that serves real Indian food (as opposed to many so-called Indian restaurants which really serve Pakistani and Bangladeshi dishes).

MessenJah

Rider
Mr Pig said:
Good idea. Start with cats?
F**k that.

Pretty girls first.

MessenJah

Rider
When I see really good looking women the first thing that comes into my mind is 'wow, I bet she tastes nice'. I hardly ever think about how nice sex would be with them.

Look out for headlines in future:

SICKO CYCLE COURIER BARBECUES RECEPTIONIST
CRISPY REMAINS & HOMEMADE SAUCE FOUND IN BIN

zimzum42

Legendary Member
The Chinese are eating more and more meat, so people in the UK going vegan is going to have fukk all effect on CO2

MessenJah

Rider
zimzum42 said:
The Chinese are eating more and more meat, so people in the UK going vegan is going to have fukk all effect on CO2
They're also driving more and more cars. So perhaps we should forget trying to reduce car use over here, because it will have 'fukk all effect' on CO2 emissions.

zimzum42

Legendary Member
I think it's fair enough for people to reduce their use of resources, cos we're too wasteful. But making people think that this will have any effect on 'global warming' is just obfuscation...

Top Bottom