The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ThinAir

Do more.
Goal line cameras are go apparently. Good, bad or indifferent? Discuss..........

Good. I think it's about time that football went the same way as many of the other sports. If its reliable enough for sports like cricket and tennis where the margins are so "fine" (unless you are using silicon tape ;) )' then I think that it's a smart move, as long as the technology works.

Will stop a lot of unnecessary arguments and give managers one less thing to whine about.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Good. I think it's about time that football went the same way as many of the other sports. If its reliable enough for sports like cricket and tennis where the margins are so "fine" (unless you are using silicon tape ;) )' then I think that it's a smart move, as long as the technology works.

Will stop a lot of unnecessary arguments and give managers one less thing to whine about.

You really think that?

PaulB

Legendary Member
Goal line cameras are go apparently. Good, bad or indifferent? Discuss..........
Stucking fupid. If ALL football clubs can't have them, then NO football club should have them. How is it the money-grabbers will get them 'cos they can afford them when the likes of Hartlepool Utd won't have them?

And if they did have them, look at that incident in the Test Match last week. Goal-line technology will solve Scottish Football Association and be more a source of annoyance. LEAVE IT OUT.

MarkF

Guru
No! There is one thing better than seeing your team score a goal and that is seeing your rivals have a legitimate one disallowed. ^_^

If you need it for goals you need it for fouls, throw in's, corners etc

Goal-line technology? Schmoal-line technology!

One of the great pleasures of soccer (football) is the mindless and pointless debate about whether the ball crossed the line, whether it was out for a throw-in, whether it was over for a corner or a goal kick... whether it was handball or offside.

The argument that it is justified because it now involves millions (or tens of millions) of pounds is ludicrous. It is a sporting contest. The clubs operating at that stratospheric level (and many lower down the chain) are not profit-making enterprises. They are tax breaks, vanity projects, money-laundering schemes or just extensions of the ego for very powerful and wealthy groups or individuals. Sometimes all four.

The fallibility of the referee is one of the great things about football. One of many great things.

I have an irrational fondness for Arsenal, but I accept that if they lose by a disputed goal one week, they might well win by one another week.

I'm told I can't be a true football lover, because I don't get steamed up over 'injustices'. They are usually just judgement calls that the referee has made honstly and seriously, but perhaps wrongly.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
FFS !
_69195300_69195299.jpg

Hull City AFC change name to Hull City Tigers
http://www.thisishullandeastriding....tory-19634384-detail/story.html#axzz2bDFSFBHo

I've had a glance at Arsenal's domestic (League) fixtures from Saturday until the early summer. As far as I can tell, they will play each of the other top-twenty clubs twice in that time period - once at home (London) and once away (various locations).

The chaps in charge of football are currently giving three goals for a win and one for a dead heat, with none for a loss.

I've done some calculations and I see all thirty-eight fixtures as winnable by the Mighty Gunners, with perhaps one or two being pushed to a draw if the other side have a good day or if the umpire is off his game.

Heaven forbid somebody might beat Arsenal, but I've had a good look at the side and I think them a smashing bunch of chaps. They are unlikely to lose a game this season. If they do, it is likely one of the other sides will lose at some stage to even things up.

As to the FA Cup, of course one never knows whom one will draw, but I can't see another team (particularly one from the regions) upsetting Arsenal here either. Home or away, I think they will prevail through a combination of guile, skill, determination and teamwork.

So that's the Premiership and the FA Cup sewn up for this season. Any thoughts on who might get silver or runner-up in either competition?

Top Bottom