The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mark st1

Plastic Manc
Fire brigade phones Arsene Wenger in the early hours of Sunday morning...
"Mr Wenger sir, The Emirates is on fire!"
"The cups man! Save the cups!" replies Arsene.
"Uh, the fire hasn't spread to the canteen yet, sir."

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
No offence but its Hull. Luiz on the bench where was Mata ? Is he injured ?

Did you watch the match? Luiz wasn't on the bench (injured) Mata was on the bench (just recovering from injury).

Chelsea were stunning for a fair chunk of the first half - some of the close ball control and fast, short passing was off the scale irrespective of the opposition.

Typical Jose job done one eye on next few games second half though.

mark st1

Plastic Manc
Did you watch the match? Luiz wasn't on the bench (injured) Mata was on the bench (just recovering from injury).

Chelsea were stunning for a fair chunk of the first half - some of the close ball control and fast, short passing was off the scale irrespective of the opposition.

Typical Jose job done one eye on next few games second half though.

Nope had it on in the background whilst doing stuff just caught glimpses of Luiz's hair sitting near the bench behind The Special One didn't realise Mata had been injured either.

Hence the question marks in my post they were questions to be answered by a Die Hard fan like yourself not statements.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Mark Hughes: 'Maybe I'm wrong but I sense people want me to do well'

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/aug/16/mark-hughes-stoke-city-interview

Still delusional then...

I read that and thought.....................he seriously just doesn't get it

Was stopped in the street today by a chap asking for a rubbish tip.
Arsenal to win the Premier League I said.

Lucky wins in their opening games for Man Utd, Chelsea, Spurs and other struggling clubs. This will give them all false hopes of a top-half finish.

Man City face childishly underskilled opposition later, and their win in their opening game will cover the magnitude of their grave underinvestment over the Summer. I am told they are being managed by a bottle of sparkling water. An odd choice.

Arsenal still the big favourites in my book, with an FA Cup, League Cup, CL and Premier League quadruble triumph still a very real possibility.

It may have failed to register with some blinkered so-called experts, but they are still very much in all four competitions.

I would pick out individual players for particular praise, but spelling foreign names is not my strong point.

SpokeyDokey

Nope had it on in the background whilst doing stuff just caught glimpses of Luiz's hair sitting near the bench behind The Special One didn't realise Mata had been injured either.

Hence the question marks in my post they were questions to be answered by a Die Hard fan like yourself not statements.

Ah no......I see how you read the reply.

I answered the first bit by asking did you watch it and form an opinion and the second bit answered your questions re Mata/Luiz.

And then I went on a bit about how well we played.

I can see how my reply could be read as arsey....apologies. :smooch:

Not keen on Bruce Willis btw. :laugh:

SpokeyDokey

Lucky wins in their opening games for Man Utd, Chelsea, Spurs and other struggling clubs. This will give them all false hopes of a top-half finish.

Man City face childishly underskilled opposition later, and their win in their opening game will cover the magnitude of their grave underinvestment over the Summer. I am told they are being managed by a bottle of sparkling water. An odd choice.

Arsenal still the big favourites in my book, with an FA Cup, League Cup, CL and Premier League quadruble triumph still a very real possibility.

It may have failed to register with some blinkered so-called experts, but they are still very much in all four competitions.

I would pick out individual players for particular praise, but spelling foreign names is not my strong point.

How do you define a "lucky win"?

Of the four 'big' teams that played this weekend (MUFC, CFC, Spurs, Arsenal) all bar Arsenal achieved what should have been nailed on certainties of winning against teams you would not expect them to lose to.

As a CFC supporter I thought we played really well in our match (even Hansen on MOTD2 was full of rare Chelsea paise), I watched both MUFC who were very good and Spurs who played well against a well marshaled Crystal Palace. None of the three winning teams seemed "lucky" to me unless you count "lucky" as not having drawn a similar capability team for the opener.

Only saw highlights of Arsenal match so can't comment on whether they played well or not. Either way they lost a match they should have won - nonetheless crap happens to all teams across the season.

Arsenal will be there or thereabouts come the final reckoning though. Cannot see them winning the Premiership this year.

MCFC play tonight so we'll see how they set there stall out but from the opening weekend thus far I'd say that if MUFC keep RVP fit then they will be a real handful again.

Hope they do not get Fellani - quality player. Wasn't there a hefty release clause for Fellani?

My son and I (and several thousand others) identified Fellaini as the New Vieira for an Arsenal bid at the end of last season. I still think he could have that impact in Islington.

It now seems that Everton are not selling to Man utd or anyone else for that matter. Baines is excellent too.

It's odd though that he is a HUGE TARGET fr HUGE CLUBS and the also-excellent Jagielka is somehow ignored by the press as a target for predatory larger clubs.

Top Bottom