The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Goonerobes

Its okay to be white
10246500_10152210286908003_5498091421656015931_n.jpg

Andrew_P

In between here and there
I think Steve Bruce looks pretty ill, surprised the team doctors not got at him and given him some blood pressure tablets booze or food or both maybe. And Wenger was out of breath and panicking at the top of the stairs on the way up to get the cup!

martint235

Dog on a bike
Well it's a toughie to beat but it would appear Yaya Toure is capable of throwing his toys even further out of his pram than Cashley Cole. He is apparently considering leaving Man City and taking a pay cut in the process because, wait for it, when it was his birthday last week he didn't get a personal visit from the club's owner and he only got a cake rather than a Bugatti.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Well it's a toughie to beat but it would appear Yaya Toure is capable of throwing his toys even further out of his pram than Cashley Cole. He is apparently considering leaving Man City and taking a pay cut in the process because, wait for it, when it was his birthday last week he didn't get a personal visit from the club's owner and he only got a cake rather than a Bugatti.
I thought this was a joke, but the BBC are going with it so it seems to be true.
At my work, we have to buy cakes for the office on our birthday! and I dont get paid £100,000 per week, just imagine that!

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
I think Steve Bruce looks pretty ill, surprised the team doctors not got at him and given him some blood pressure tablets booze or food or both maybe. And Wenger was out of breath and panicking at the top of the stairs on the way up to get the cup!

I was more concerned about the :ph34r: 'lone marksman on the grassy knoll' who kept shooting Arsenal players' ; when one of our players tackled or went near them ...

It was okay though, they soon got up when they got free kicks :stop: ...

AndyRM

XOXO
The Toure story has got to be a joke, Shirley? Even if it's not, it's one of the funniest stories I've ever heard.

Waaaaahmbulance for Toure!

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Anyone who thinks supporting England in the final of a major tournament is but a pipe dream should tune into Eurosport tomorrow evening (£3.99 a month for the app on a PC, cracking value if you haven't got Sky) where the under 17's are taking on Holland in the EUFA final.

Decent football with the added bonus of not having Rooney throwing a strop when he gets pulled off halfway through another abysmal performance.

AndyRM

XOXO
Anyone who thinks supporting England in the final of a major tournament is but a pipe dream should tune into Eurosport tomorrow evening (£3.99 a month for the app on a PC, cracking value if you haven't got Sky) where the under 17's are taking on Holland in the EUFA final.

Decent football with the added bonus of not having Rooney throwing a strop when he gets pulled off halfway through another abysmal performance.

Seems your young team are capable of winning a penalty shoot out. Well played.

Scotland's youth picture is currently quite rosy as well, hopefully a sign of good things to come for our national teams.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Seems your young team are capable of winning a penalty shoot out. Well played.

Scotland's youth picture is currently quite rosy as well, hopefully a sign of good things to come for our national teams.
The problem is - particularly in England - those youngsters will have to be exceptionally talented to break into Premier League sides and develop that talent. With managers having an average tenure of about 18 months there is no incentive to spend time and money developing your own youth players when you can go abroad and buy the finished article.

I fear all or most of those who won tonight will never be heard of again.

martint235

Dog on a bike
The problem is - particularly in England - those youngsters will have to be exceptionally talented to break into Premier League sides and develop that talent. With managers having an average tenure of about 18 months there is no incentive to spend time and money developing your own youth players when you can go abroad and buy the finished article.

I fear all or most of those who won tonight will never be heard of again.
But it's not the manager's tenure that's important, it's the tenure of the head of Academy and youth teams. Given the choice, there isn't a manager out there who is going to go abroad for a talented 18 year old if his/her head of academy can offer someone of similar talent for nothing. Look at the '92 Utd or this year's Liverpool side (at least 2 developed by the Anfield academy) to see what's possible.

I expect Man City to soon have a very good academy (for all the wrong reasons, you can offset the cost of the academy against your FFP commitment) and it will be interesting to see what comes out of that.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
I don't understand why people attach so much importance to football, it's just a feckin game, not a very good one and as far as I can tell, the British do not seem to be very good at it.

Without going into the occasional juvenile antics of some players/managers etc which may spoil the game I'd be interested to know why you think the game is not a very good one? What do you think it lacks to qualify as a 'good' game?

Top Bottom