The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Stevie Gerrard to leave Liverpool in the Summer

Will be interesting to see where he ends up too.

Very good player and a loyal servant to the club.

MarkF

Guru
You think you have problems, Everton have now lost 7 out of 9 and 6 of the last 8 league games and our wheels are well off. The team is clueless, 59% possession in the first half today against Hull but went in 2-0 down. Some fans are beginning to turn on Bobby brown shoes and rumours abound that he has lost the dressing room. We were tipped to compete for the top 4 this season, but we are more likely to be fighting at the other end of the table. Slightly encouraged that Man Utd, Spuds, and Southampton have all emerged from poor runs this season, but we are in disarray and are so easy to play against at the moment, my half empty glass is getting emptier by the minute.

But you were in a dead end street under Moyes, if this season and last were reversed then the fans would be well happy IMO. Win a trophy or reach the EL final and nobody will care about the PL postion at the season end, as disappointing as it is looking to be. How long is since Everton won owt? How long since Martinez did?

AndyRM

XOXO
But you were in a dead end street under Moyes, if this season and last were reversed then the fans would be well happy IMO. Win a trophy or reach the EL final and nobody will care about the PL postion at the season end, as disappointing as it is looking to be. How long is since Everton won owt? How long since Martinez did?

FA Cup in 95 I reckon.

As for Martinez, I still don't understand why he gets such an easy time in the media. Scraped through numerous relegation battles with Wigan and has only one style of play from which he refuses to deviate. He says 'philosophy' an awful lot which pundits seem to like these days.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Good luck to Burnley tonight against Tottenham! They make me laugh though,they're billing it on the local radio as a re run of the 1962 FA Cup Final. 53 years later how can it be a re run?:rolleyes: http://www.britishpathe.com/video/the-cup-final-1962

Last edited:

Roadhump

Time you enjoyed wasting was not wasted

In truth, I think Moyes had taken the club as far as anyone could have done without huge investment. Martinez introduced a different playing style that paid off, but even last season at times we were so slow moving forward (result of endless passing across the back 4 and within midfield triangles) that if the opposition shaped up in front of us w were easily stifled.

How long is it since Everton won anything compared to Martinez may be a reasonable question, but so is When did Everton last get relegated? 1951 When did Martinez last get relegated? 2013 (combined with his trophy of course). We have become so insipid and lacklustre that there is a fear that he may repeat his relegation feat this year. I hope I am wrong and we do win the cup or EL - his preferred style seems better suited to Europe - but things need to improve pronto if we are to avoid a relegation battle.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
In truth, I think Moyes had taken the club as far as anyone could have done without huge investment. Martinez introduced a different playing style that paid off, but even last season at times we were so slow moving forward (result of endless passing across the back 4 and within midfield triangles) that if the opposition shaped up in front of us w were easily stifled.

How long is it since Everton won anything compared to Martinez may be a reasonable question, but so is When did Everton last get relegated? 1951 When did Martinez last get relegated? 2013 (combined with his trophy of course). We have become so insipid and lacklustre that there is a fear that he may repeat his relegation feat this year. I hope I am wrong and we do win the cup or EL - his preferred style seems better suited to Europe - but things need to improve pronto if we are to avoid a relegation battle.

Can't imagine you going down tbh.

solitaire

Über Member
Accrington Stanley would have played Man Utd if they'd got through to the next round of the cup, however, they didn't
but, they still printed off 250 tickets for the game and want the fans to pay £20 a ticket for a match that is never going to happen.
I know football is a law unto itself but with that news I think the people in charge of football clubs really are taking the p#ss out of supporters :headshake:

AndyRM

XOXO
Accrington Stanley would have played Man Utd if they'd got through to the next round of the cup, however, they didn't
but, they still printed off 250 tickets for the game and want the fans to pay £20 a ticket for a match that is never going to happen.
I know football is a law unto itself but with that news I think the people in charge of football clubs really are taking the p#ss out of supporters :headshake:

I know they're having a hard time financially, but that's a bit embarrassing to be honest and for the sake of a potential £5,000?!

Will you be buying one @Accy cyclist ?

MarkF

Guru

Fair enough, the players will have to change then, to suit Martinez, the alternative is to be a big club going nowhere and doing nothing, like Villa or Newcastle. Tbh I don't think Everton will be involved in any relegation battle, lot of talent there but a lot of injuries at the mo'.

Top Bottom