The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

solitaire

Über Member
We got out of jail there tonight, enjoyed the game but thought the ref was a tosser. Thought the Hammers played well, a well organised team who play good footy, but that was probably one of the best times to play us if you were going to break the jinx. I actually felt it was our best performance for several weeks, although a few fans (and a couple of pundits on 5 Live) still pointed out major flaws. I'm hoping getting the equaliser in injury time might give the players some belief and we can kick on, but we have Man City on Saturday, then the replay which will be a sterner test at Upton Park.
It was a good game, could have gone either way, think if we'd had Sakho or Carroll playing we might have nicked it, we were just missing that something extra upfront.
The replay should be a belter, I think this one may go to penalties.

MarkF

Guru
Only over 9000 to watch the Dingles FA Cup game! Not hard to see where their priorities lie this season!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30620968

2,500 were from Tottenham!

C'mon Accy 7500 Burnley fans is about 10% of their population, pro-rata Bradford should be getting 50000 v Millwall next week. I think I read that Burnley was the best supported club in the Uk, the % of local population regularly attending.

MarkF

Guru
You never know, I remember when you beat us in 1997 when Waddle scored that 30 yard worldie, but to be fair we were hardly the superstars that Chelski are today....good luck!

I was in the main stand that day and the Evertonians around me were very appreciative of that goal. Best English ground I've ever been to, I don't rate bowl-a-likes.

Roadhump

Time you enjoyed wasting was not wasted
I was in the main stand that day and the Evertonians around me were very appreciative of that goal. Best English ground I've ever been to, I don't rate bowl-a-likes.
I was in the Top Balcony which is the tier above the main stand and although it ruined our day, you did have to marvel at that goal.

People do seem to like G.P. especially those of a traditionalist leaning, and opponents have often said it is a very hostile environment, but it has become outdated and some of the seats with obstructed views are a pain in the butt. There have been a number of relocation proposals over the years, one was the Kings Dock on the Mersey waterfront which fell through due to lack of funds (it would have been a fantastic location), the next was Kirkby, sponsored by Tesco, which was called in for a public enquiry and consequently planning was rejected, and which caused great division amongst fans as it is outside the city boundary and LFC saw it as us surrendering the city to them. The latest is Walton Hall Park about a mile from Goodison, no-one is holding their breath given the club's track record. Rebuilding Goodison on site would be the preference of many but the club say it's not feasible....we'll be at G.P. for some time yet.

solitaire

Über Member
I was in the Top Balcony which is the tier above the main stand and although it ruined our day, you did have to marvel at that goal.

People do seem to like G.P. especially those of a traditionalist leaning, and opponents have often said it is a very hostile environment, but it has become outdated and some of the seats with obstructed views are a pain in the butt. There have been a number of relocation proposals over the years, one was the Kings Dock on the Mersey waterfront which fell through due to lack of funds (it would have been a fantastic location), the next was Kirkby, sponsored by Tesco, which was called in for a public enquiry and consequently planning was rejected, and which caused great division amongst fans as it is outside the city boundary and LFC saw it as us surrendering the city to them. The latest is Walton Hall Park about a mile from Goodison, no-one is holding their breath given the club's track record. Rebuilding Goodison on site would be the preference of many but the club say it's not feasible....we'll be at G.P. for some time yet.
I was a bit surprised at the amount of empty seats last night, I never thought I'd see that at Goodison for an F A cup game.
Wonder why it was?

Roadhump

Time you enjoyed wasting was not wasted
I was a bit surprised at the amount of empty seats last night, I never thought I'd see that at Goodison for an F A cup game.
Wonder why it was?
I know, tickets were only £20 as well. Maybe a few people are discouraged by our recent form (1 win, 7 losses and 2 draws in the last 10) and the fact it is just after Christmas and was also on BT Sport. I sit on the same side as the away fans but further along and apparently they didn't bring as many as expected so maybe it's a case of people being generally skint at he moment.

solitaire

Über Member
Hull City this weekend, we have got to pick up 3 points for definite, need to get back into winning ways
4 without a win now :headshake:

AndyRM

XOXO
Alex Neil to Norwich, meaning they're promoted to being my English club again.

I've predicted that he'll bring himself on as an 89th minute sub tomorrow and score a 30 yard rocket with his first touch.

Last edited:

Glow worm

Legendary Member
Neil Adams to Norwich, meaning they're promoted to being my English club again.

I've predicted that he'll bring himself on as an 89th minute sub tomorrow and score a 30 yard rocket with his first touch.

Yep interesting appointment in Alex Neil (too many Neils!) I know nothing about him but the board have obviously had an eye on him. The lack of experience worries me slightly he's only 33 but who knows- Hamilton are 3rd in the Scottish prem which is pretty good.
Good luck to him and OTBC!

AndyRM

XOXO
Yep interesting appointment in Alex Neil (too many Neils!) I know nothing about him but the board have obviously had an eye on him. The lack of experience worries me slightly he's only 33 but who knows- Hamilton are 3rd in the Scottish prem which is pretty good.
Good luck to him and OTBC!

I'm not entirely sure what happened there - typed Neil and that came up. I blame my stupid phone, thankfully I have a proper keyboard at my disposal now and have edited my terrible mistake, though your quote will forever highlight the perils of auto-correct!

He's an excellent player and clearly knows what he's doing as a manager, though @Marmion won't be a fan after Accies' excellent comeback in last years playoff.

As a small example, the last time we played them their subs were doing intricate passing drills at half time. Ours were playing keepy-up... We actually won that game, but still he's obviously got the right idea about how to drill a side.

solitaire

Über Member
You're actually at Swansea this weekend, not an easy game but maybe a draw?
Crikey! yeah, Hull next week, what a muppet,
fozzy.jpg
So that's an even harder game than I thought!!! :scratch:

Top Bottom