The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MarkF

Guru
Chelsea away then, should dick 'em 0-4. (Hanson 3, 32, 56, 82)

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I know they're having a hard time financially, but that's a bit embarrassing to be honest and for the sake of a potential £5,000?!

Will you be buying one @Accy cyclist ?

No i wont be buying one http://accringtonstanley.co.uk/2015/01/commemorative-tickets-sale/ and i don't think many others will be either! How embarrassing and what a stupid idea! The other year they launched a "Buy a share in the club" scheme. A hundred quid for a certificate and a tiny stake in a club that's forever in debt So all you'd have bought would've been the certificate,the stake in the club is worth FA! On the other hand they have to make some money,and it pains me to think the club lost around 300 grand by not getting our dream tie against the Mancs! We don't get any help from our neighbours Blackburn and Burnley,they would shut us down tomorrow if they could! Infact that's why Stanley went out the footy league in 1962 because the then Football League Chairman Bob Lord wouldn't give Accy more time to raise the money to save the club from going under. And who was Bob Lord you may ask? Only the Burnley Chairman! Grrr!!

Last edited:

AndyRM

XOXO
No i wont be buying one and i don't think many others will be either! How embarrassing and what a stupid idea! The other year they launched a "Buy a share in the club" scheme. A hundred quid for a certificate and a tiny stake in a club that's forever in debt So all you'd have bought would've been the certificate,the stake in the club is worth FA! On the other hand they have to make some money,and it pains me to think the club lost around 300 grand by not getting our dream tie against the Mancs! We don't get any help from our neighbours Blackburn and Burnley,they would shut us down tomorrow if they could! Infact that's why Stanley went out the footy league in 1962 because the then Football League Chairman Bob Lord wouldn't give Accy more time to raise the money to save the club from going under. And who was Bob Lord you may ask? Only the Burnley Chairman! Grrr!!

It really is a bizarre idea as a fund raiser.

Supporting a financially troubled club can be frustrating. Killie have orange flashes on the home kit and an orange away kit as a nod to our sponsor, QTS. There's orange bits on the pointless third kit too.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
It really is a bizarre idea as a fund raiser.

Supporting a financially troubled club can be frustrating. Killie have orange flashes on the home kit and an orange away kit as a nod to our sponsor, QTS. There's orange bits on the pointless third kit too.

Well at least we haven't gone down the route of having sponsors names on the shorts and on the socks like some League 2 clubs have,but that's probably because no one wants to sponsor us!:whistle:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Only over 9000 to watch the Dingles FA Cup game! Not hard to see where their priorities lie this season!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30620968

2,500 were from Tottenham!

Roadhump

Time you enjoyed wasting was not wasted
Chelsea away then, should dick 'em 0-4. (Hanson 3, 32, 56, 82)

You never know, I remember when you beat us in 1997 when Waddle scored that 30 yard worldie, but to be fair we were hardly the superstars that Chelski are today....good luck!

solitaire

Über Member
The Irons away at (bogey team) Everton tonight, surely we gotta win up there at some point.
Bubbles.jpg

Roadhump

Time you enjoyed wasting was not wasted
When are we ever gonna beat the toffees, it's doing my bleedin' "ead in :cursing:
View attachment 76207
We got out of jail there tonight, enjoyed the game but thought the ref was a tosser. Thought the Hammers played well, a well organised team who play good footy, but that was probably one of the best times to play us if you were going to break the jinx. I actually felt it was our best performance for several weeks, although a few fans (and a couple of pundits on 5 Live) still pointed out major flaws. I'm hoping getting the equaliser in injury time might give the players some belief and we can kick on, but we have Man City on Saturday, then the replay which will be a sterner test at Upton Park.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
The tickets for a football game which didn't actually happen have sold out.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-30693600

That's £20 for a rectangle of paper commemorating nothing. Baffling.

The least the club could do would be to get a couple of kids to have it out on FIFA with a massive screen to watch on.

Ah well at least we got a bit of money and lots of free publicity which i think was the intention in the first place!

Top Bottom